PDA

View Full Version : Trolling at Pardee ?

n2trout
10-19-2007, 07:34 AM
I think I am headed to Pardee this weekend. The bite hasn't totally turned on at Amador and I don't feel like battling the fleet that is usually present on the weekend.
I know the bank fishing has been pretty good at Pardee but I am looking for the solitude my boat offers. Anybody having any luck trolling? Lures, depths, and location info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

n2trout

waterdog
10-19-2007, 08:49 AM
I will be there bright and early tomorrow. Last time I was there about a month ago I slammed both trout and koks. The koks were down about 120' but I assume the koks are now done for the year. Tomorrow I am trolling for trout. You should find them somewhere between 35' to 50'. I am going to topline in the early morn while trolling out to the main part of the lake with dodger/flasher and a night crawler. I don't expect much action toplining but will give it a try. I will also have my riggers down between 35 and 50'. Probably start with a sling blade or Sep's sidekick and/or sep's mini micro flashers with needlefish lure. If no action with that I will just start pulling out different dodgers and lure combos til we find the right combo. I have heard the river mouth and the dam have been producing but I usually also find good action from the river mouth up the river quite aways.
I do not know what the lake temps have been and do not know if this lake has turned over yet. If it has you should find the fish closer to the surface.
If you are there Sat. come say howdy. I will be in my alumaweld, merc engine, merc kicker and stars on the boat and truck. There will be 3 of us.
Tight Lines
Waterdog :) *

smellslikefish
10-19-2007, 10:07 AM
n2trout, My buddy and I fished Pardee this past Tuesday. We got on the water at 7am with 4 poles in the water. I toplined a white ZRay with red spots, one lead core with a worm down 4 colors, various lures on the two downriggers covering between 20 and 40'. About 7:30 I got one short strike on the leadcore about 100 yards to the west of the dam, but no hookup. About 8:30 we got a nice fat 16.5" bow on the topline (ZRay) where the river comes into the main lake. We trolled the banks all the way down to the river mouth and not a bite. About 11:30 we're back at the river and main body and I picked up a nice 18.5" bow on the leadcore (worm only, no blades). Withing 30 minutes we had landed two more smaller bows (12 and 14") both on leadcore w/worms and then the bite cooled off. The surface temp ranged between 63 and 64 degrees and I don't believe the lake has turned over but is definately transitioning. Pic below (I hope). We're headed to Almanor next Friday for 3 days so the Pardee trip was a good warm-up. Good luck and let me know how ya did. Take care. Mike (aka: smellslikefish)
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/Pardee_10-15_Ken_Lake_001.jpg

n2trout
10-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the 411 waterdog and mike. I usually have one pole toplining a rapala and have done pretty well. I will probably start with a sidekick with uncle larry's spinner tipped with crawler on other pole. I have never seen a z-ray lure. Any look-a-likes I may be familiar with? I have quite an arsenal of lures so I will keep changing out till I find something that works. Most of my fish there have come just past the 5mph buoys on the left side after leaving the boat ramp. I will be in the 14 ft. alumacraft with stars. I will have my handheld on ch 69 listening for any sniffer talk. Good fishing to both of you and thanks again. :)