PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe Topline

SierraSkier
10-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Tahoe is continuing to produce nice fish on topline. Bows have been the name of the game. I haven't caught a brown during any of my last three trips. Today I got on the water by 4PM and had five bows to the boat including one to 2.5lbs by 6:30 when my wife called to tell me how much trouble I am in. I also caught one shaker mack. Nothing fancy, I was just pulling dodgers and crawlers with a typical Tahoe setback. My new to me boat is a bit loud, so I like to fish with a huge setback, but I don't think it matters right now, I caught a fish today 50 feet behind the boat while I was letting my line out. This is definitely the golden time for Tahoe.

Got home and mopped the floors...

steveo79
10-10-2007, 09:19 PM
I think that storm front that moved in last friday helped. We had that kind of day at Beardsley, and others here had good outings. May be a good Fall...

red_perception
10-11-2007, 04:58 AM
Loud New Boat? :o How come I haven't been on this Loud New Boat? ;D Congrats on the New Boat and some fish'n! Tahoe has been good to me lately also. We sold our house :o and are staying at the families lakefront house 8-). Sat. was the first time I took out the aluminum. Got 3 Bows on Raps running up to logan shoals. Nicest fish lately have been 2@ 17 inch 2 pound "silvers" reely pretty. No Browns or Macks in the shallows yet either. Minnows under a bobber from shore when there are waves ;). Flys have been good when calm. I paddled last night for no fish. Give me a shout brother. Good luck, Eric :)

Weez
10-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Fall browns on Tahoe are mostly a November/December bite for me, with more specific timing depending on what part of the lake you're fishing. Mature mackinaw (those close to 24 inches or longer) are spawning now, usually in deeper water, and they will also show up in the shallows in force in late November/early December. It's mostly a rainbow bite now, but you guys (Skier and Perception) know the lake well enough to know that anything can happen at any time.