PDA

View Full Version : IceHouse 10/5

Shrek
10-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Got on the water at 7:05, the last 5 miles of the trip there had a light dusting of snow falling, The wife and I decided we would give it a try anyway, we started out toward the dam, got a 13" planter, on a watermelon sidekick and half crawler combo, we made a full pass around the dam area, we wound up picking 3 more planters to 14", it cleared for about 20 minutes around 8:15 then the snow stopped non-stop, it was pretty close to a white out, we headed back to the launch ramp around 10:00 we couldn't see, very good, the roads on the way down the hill back to hwy. 50 were starting to show some snow on them, we made it out alright, snow all the way back to just about Placerville, At least I got to test the repairs on the outboard, which seemed to be alright. Will try to post some pictures in a little while.

salmondean
10-05-2007, 07:03 PM
I was just at ice house last week end and caught a 16'' inch german broun on a inflated worm canadian. Black woly buger trollen jiggin at three mph. is key. GOOD LUCK.

JMat
10-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Shrek,
Nice Post! Glad to see you and the Mrs. turned a not so good day into a real good fishing day. Obviously your ideas on what to use were right on. So how deep were the fish you were catching?

JMat

Shrek
10-06-2007, 04:58 PM
JMAT actually the 4 we caught were toplined at about 1.1- 1.3 mph around the dam area. We are planning another trip there on 10/25 hopefully the fishing will still be good. I am looking forward to the Mrs. catching a brown, any advice would help. thanks in advance for any help.