PDA

View Full Version : Stumpy 9/29

fishpeddler1
09-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Got a late start up the hill due to the pessimistic weather reports. once we got there we found out once again that the weatherman is one of the lucky few that can totally blow it and still keep his job. It turned out to be one of the nicest days that I have ever spent up in the Sierras.
The mist was still rising from the shaded spots as my five year old and I launched the boat onto the windless and flat, no coat required, liquid mirror known as Stumpy Meadows.
We turned towards the dam and started letting out the first line. No sooner did it hit the rod holder when Little Tyee had his first hook-up of the day. we never did get a chance to get all the rods out at once today.
Most of the fish we hooked today were on the small side, but to a youngster getting a chance to break in his new spider-man "combo" they were just right. Too bad dumb old dad forgot the camera on the charger. :-/ so no pic's today. Other then that it was a great day up there.
Lite-drag, thanks for the tips, they worked great. also a silver/blue needle fish with 1/2 a worm did wonders once the right depth was found. thanks again. GG

AllFishNoWork
09-30-2007, 03:04 AM
Great job Fishpeddler! Way to go gettin your son his first fish on the Spidey combo [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

JMat
09-30-2007, 08:12 PM
fishpeddler,
Glad to hear you and your son had a great day. Any day spent fishing is a great day but you can't beat putting fish in the boat.

JMat

LD
09-30-2007, 08:22 PM
Spiderman definitely has the good mojo going ... ;)
I am glad your son had a good day!
Dad too! *:)