PDA

View Full Version : Silver 9-29

Phishinfool2
09-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Headed to Silver this morning, I also saw the chains required before kirkwood. Launched and within the first 20 yards had my first hit, landed and released set up another half worm and bang off we go again. Caught appx 20 fish from 7 to 1pm water was warm enough to cause the steam effect with the cold air. The fish are gearing up for the winter and were striking on a preatty regular basis. I used flashers and a half worm the whole ride, most were in the 10-13" range,had one about half way back to the boat it must have turned ifelt a sharp yank and snap i came up with nothing but empty line lost the fish the hook and the flashers BUMMER(the one that got away) somewhere in that lake is a fish with all my gear,i guess the fish won that war. During one of the catches i see a bobber float to the top of the water as i go to investigate the bobber pops back under the water to never be seen by me again. It was bitter cold but it was fun to catch and release multiple fish again. Will probably make the journey back up in two weeks and give it a go again...

Jimbo

thomas
09-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Good report. ;)Did the bobber remind you of the JAWS movie :-/

fishlipd
09-29-2007, 06:12 PM
Jimbo, way to get into the fish. I wonder if you could make it through with 4x4?

Seon
09-29-2007, 06:15 PM
I wanted to drive there this morning but on the TV news reported snow at Kirkwood so I decided to stay put.
It's suppose to be warmer next week so I'll try my luck then. I don't have a boat so I'll fish off the bank like I did last Sunday.

Phishinfool2
09-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Thomas almost it was a little eeeeerie . Fish yea you could make it through with a 4X4 th chains required was up at Silver when i passed through at 6:45 im sure you could have made it through then though (some people) don't know how to drive in the snow and ice,gee go figure. there was maybe an inch at Silver.