PDA

View Full Version : Ice House sat.8th

tcbritton
09-08-2007, 03:33 PM
I had a great day got on the water at 530 and set out for the dam face but it took me 1 1/2 hrs to get there the trout would not let me move very fast I,d just get one pole in and bam fish on it was brutal. When I got to the dam finally it started off a little weird I caught three browns all on watermelon crystal basin wild things with a 14 inch leader tipped with a night crawler all where caught top lining and the largest was only 14 inches. At the dam I rigged up my down riggers and at 45 and 55 ft I started to catch rainbow trout again.all small but still fun, I switched a broken back rapala brook trout colors and a bright silver rapala I ended up with one brown in the cooler(sorry guys it was a bleeder) a big one but not prize winner(1.4 pounds) I Moved to the back of the lake and again hit the rainbows but larger ones this time all about 13 inches with a few small ones tossed in for fun..... the best colors and bait was again watermelon and night crawlers all from kickers to small wild things and even one grasshopper I found on my boat. I ened the day tpulling a father and his son out of the lake after some lake lice flipped there canoe and just did circles around them after getting the very cold kid war and his very large dad into my boat I did a bad thing and start yelling very bad words at the kids who then told there dad near the dock, needless to say he got into my face till I told him just why his kids needed to be beat with a belt and lo and behold he went after then and last I saw was loading there jet ski onto a trailer..... now I done venting I want to thank the two guys on the stand up jet skis taht slowed down near me all day it was a little surprising to find a lake lice with manners.
Oh yea great talking to you Topaz Tom even if we where almost a 100 miles apart and a mountain range between us. I dint know my radio could do it ice house to north shore tahoe and clear as a bell :D

LD
09-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Nice report! *8-)
Glad you had a good day, I was thinking about heading up there...
until I read about the lice... :o
I think I will head up to Loon tomorrow, The lice aren't usually too bad up there!
Must be all the rocks in the water... ;D
Good Job pulling those guys out of the water, Good Mojo for the next trip. 8-)
Also glad to hear about lice with mannors, so all is not lost. ;)
LD

Topaz_Tom
09-08-2007, 04:27 PM
TC, good job on the fishing, sounds like it was good thing you were there for those guys. Not all, but the majority of the lake lice have no consideration for people fishing. >:( Nice talking to you on the radio all the way from Tahoe!! :o We did good on the macs, check out the mac board. Also saw the Fish Sniffer Staff boat on the water. Tom [smiley=angling.gif]