PDA

View Full Version : pyramid news

fernley_tim
08-20-2007, 07:11 PM
my wife called the tribe today about the regs. she was told and take this with a grain of salt :-/ fishing fees will stay the same 8-) the pyramid area will be closed to camping because of idots that cant take care of their beautiful lake >:( fishing from docks will not be allowed within 500' that should allready be a rule ::) barbless hooks she asked if it was single barbless and she said no!! there was no mention of down riggers at all 8-) she also stated that there would be a grace period for those that cant figur out how to crimp their hooks ::) also other spawning areas will be affected by some closers 8-) the tribe person also informed my wife that printable regs will not be ready untill oct 1st more than likely ;) so for those of you that thought doom and gloom was aproching, I for one think these are very fair rules, if it was my lake I would put a few more restrictions on fishing/ camping rules :-? I WANT TO THANK ALL THE PEOPLE THAT CONTACTED THE TRIBE I KNOW YOUR INPUT WAS HEARD 8-)Cant wait to see you all on the water this season :) Tim

vvbob
08-20-2007, 07:23 PM
So I assume crimping as opposed to filing off will be acceptable???
Glad they aren't going to ban downriggers.
Thanks for the info Tim.
See you soon 8-)

fernley_tim
08-20-2007, 07:29 PM
bob she did ask that question, she was told that there would be rangers at the docks with tools too show people what they need to do :) If it was me I would do it like they do it in cali for ocean salmon or trout in the rivers put your hook through a cotton t/shirt and if you dont feel any resistence you should be fine ;)

gone fishin
08-20-2007, 08:14 PM
So does that mean no camping at Pelican point. Thats going to throw a monkey wrench into our Pyramid fest in Oct. Re: barbless hooks, I think that in a great idea.

Good luck...Ron

drstressor
08-20-2007, 08:17 PM
The new regs will only affect camping on the east side.

johnbfishin
08-20-2007, 08:45 PM
So what about the dogs on a leash, is that a done deal?

vvbob
08-21-2007, 07:20 AM
Tim
Most of my Lymans & Apexs have the barbs pinched down already, makes releasing very easy. With the barbs pinched down, I didn't see any increase in lost fish, if you keep the line tight, & keep them away from the boat you won't lose any to barbless . :D

lemonsp
08-21-2007, 07:28 AM
JBFishin, the leash law has been in effect since I started fishing at pyramid several years ago. *I was given a warning by a ranger about this early last year. It is something like a $50-$75 fine.

Mako
08-21-2007, 08:44 AM
If that's what is going to happen it sounds like great news. These are good rules 8-)

THE_TROUTKING
08-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Lets rock and roll in oct :) . Thats some of the best news I could hope for
thanks for the info looking forward to fishing Pyramid again.
Brian

fernley_tim
08-22-2007, 06:27 PM
bob I also have switched my trebs to single hooks a couple of years ago ;) not only for the fishes sake but for my fingers sake ;D also the best thing I ever did was buy a rubber net for the fish and no more untangling the lures wish I was smarter long ago ::) ill have to give credit to other sniffers to put me on the right path! now all I have to do is crimp my barbs ;) mako and trout king cant wait to see you8 on the water we will have to fish sometime your boat or mine 8-)

Mako
08-22-2007, 09:24 PM
I've been using a single siwash on the 4" Lymans. I also think they run better. Glen sells theLyman's rigged this way up North in Canada where they have hook restrictions. I think I use the 3/0 Gami