PDA

View Full Version : Spalding Lake/Lake Spalding

Alan_E
07-18-2007, 07:27 PM
Any reports on this lake??? I have never been there but planning to go next weekend. Any reports or info??? Thanks :)

PickLeNose
07-18-2007, 07:49 PM
Its got a nick name, The Dead Sea, because its a hard lake to fish. Its 30 minutes away from me so I fish it alot, it dosnt get stocked much either, not much food in it for fish I think. This time of year use a fire tiger rapala deep, like 70-100ft deep for the kings, fish the inlets at the east end of the lake for rainbows and some browns. There are big fish in this lake, they are just hard to catch. Its a beautiful lake though, really nice at sunrise.

Alan_E
07-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Nice!!!!! >:( For a guy that doesn't have much luck, that was great news!!!! Well, I guess another great weekend enjoying the sceanery without catching anything... :'( Is there any other places to go around there to increase the odds? My old Army buddy is in Reno...and we are to be meeting up somewhere on hwy 80....Ice House is out of his way....Any help here? :)

fenton_chris
07-18-2007, 08:49 PM
if you've never fished spaulding and catch a fish, that really is 1st timmers luck! :P try boca, jackson, stampede or donner.

flatcom
07-19-2007, 04:42 AM
how is the ramp at spaulding? its been awhile since ive driven there. can you launch larger boats?

PickLeNose
07-19-2007, 05:58 AM
Spaulding has a great ramp, and dont let what I say stop you from fishing this lake, the fish you catch are quality fish, all the fishes in here have fully formed fins, no tailless wonders (planters) in there that you will catch. Thats why I fish it. But there is fuller lake thats a few miles away on bowman lake road, its stocks all the time and you can catch fish there, tailless ones though. If you know this lake (fuller) there are some nice browns to be caught. cant take a big boat out on it though, I think a canoe is the biggest allowed.