PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Thursday 7/12

vvbob
07-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Went over to Wildcat Point this morning, had the place to our selfs. Nearest boats were at Shrimp Island a good mile away.

Started with the grubs at 25 & 27 feet, no takers. When you see this for about an hour without even a hit, you know grubs are not going to do it.
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z145/vvbob/Depthfindersmall.jpg
Changed to a Red Dog spoon for Katie, & a Frog with red dot needlefish for me. It wasn't five minutes & I had a pretty nice fish on. 2 minutes after we got going again Katie got one......
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z145/vvbob/KatieGrandpawithtroutsmall.jpg
After that it was the Katie show....she brought 5 more to the boat, which were all on the small side, so we released them. The Red Dog was the hot lure. Spoke to Fisher II, & the Goldie Locks was the hot ticket for him today. Appleinorange also had a limit on spoons.

Katie is impressing Grandpa with how well she is handling a fishing rod. At 10 years old she is learning very fast how to use the drag & the rod to fight the fish, she is doing VERY well. 8-)

Buffy had a hard night last night, she slept with Katie's hat on her head for over an hour...
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z145/vvbob/Buffywithhatsmall.jpg

TCtrout
07-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Great pics VB . I was getting worried about Fisher II, he didn't call today with a report . Figured it was a long day for them. Hope DHWG info helped. Your grand daughter looks like she's having a good trip with grandpa. Thanks for the report.

TCtrout

duckhuntwater-guy
07-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Looks like Katie is out fishing VB. Bob, go to my last post and hammer them. Did you ask Fisher II about the summertime lure? He has a couple in is his tackle box. Have a great week.

DHWG

Martinez Frank
07-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the report Bob, seems like Katie is the good luck charm ;) You should make her your fishing partner :D 8-)

Topaz_Tom
07-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Way to go Bob & Katie, those are some nice fish. ;) Can't wait till October. :) Keep the reports coming Bob, I love that Lake. :D Tom [smiley=angling.gif]

MrDasher
07-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Way to go Bob! Keep up the good work Katie. ;)

rjw5
07-12-2007, 10:15 PM
The red dog outfished everything else we put down opening weekend, good to hear it's still working. Another spoon that was hot this spring and previous summers for me has been a red, orange and white sure catch with a gold bottom. I don't know why the fish aren't liking the grubs this year, that sure seemed to be the ticket last summer. Anyway thanks for the updates and pictures.
Rob

Mickey_Thomas
07-13-2007, 07:48 AM
Gee Katie sure is growing up fast Bob, glad she's catching and fighting fish like a pro, she can thank Grandpa for teaching her how it's done ;) She'll remember these times for the rest of her life, well done Grandpa. ;) I just got a call from Bob on the water, this morning has been slow but he's managed 3 to the boat so far. Katie and Buffy are sleeping in :D so Bob is going it solo this morning, hope he hooks a big one ;D ;D

SuperDave
07-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Probably slow because he left the hot rod back in the RV sleeping. ;D