PDA

View Full Version : Quarry Lakes

joshc40
07-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Hows the trout bite at quarry lakes? I haven't been there for a while so just wanted to see how hot or not hot the bite is. I also would like to know how the catfish are reacting to the weather. Since it's summer, the catfish should be biting so tell me how its going guys. Thanks.

tragedyspring
07-09-2007, 08:37 PM
fished there last week on tues night- got 2 cats from the new dock casting towards the restrooms with a cut piece of anchovy. took about 45 min though to get the first one, then about 30 mins for the 2nd. then dead for 2 hours. left at midnight. oh yeah - i threew em back -ewwwwwww-- used PB and worms for no trout-- but, last time i was there a few weeks before tues- the asian gentlemen were doing their regular thing with the spoons right there in the cove- i think they are using rainbow runners with green prism tape... most are not very talkative........although they did have about a 20 lb stringer each of rainbows. they get there at 5 in the morning though

joshc40
07-10-2007, 08:45 AM
When does the lake close? You said you stayed there until midnight?

tragedyspring
07-11-2007, 07:49 PM
yeah i think it closes at midnight......... ;) never stayed later.... never seen anybody else while i was fishing either. the gates close at 8 pm i think- so youll have to park at the stop sign in the residential neighboorhood if youll be planning on staying later than that. the rangers pretty much leave you alone.

fishing_man
07-11-2007, 10:15 PM
i dont think thats legal ;)

tragedyspring
07-12-2007, 02:52 PM
OK I called the number on the ebparks website- they said that the park closes at 11 PM......ooops....fished for 1 hour too long.... :-/ but as for parking in the neighboorhood- i beleive its ok? :-? I've been doing it for as long as the park has been operating.