PDA

View Full Version : Devalle Report Anyone....please help?

66726paiton
06-27-2007, 12:14 PM
My in-laws are coming into town and my father in law and I love to fish together. Any word on how the trout are doing there at Devalle. I would love to put him on some big trout, he's coming from arizona and they have tiny fish out that way. Any information would help thank you.

Vole
06-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Head towards the dam. I was there last weekend and marked a lot of fish both shallow and deep. Some people were trolling while many anchored along the edge. Nightcrawlers catch both stripers and trout. You can buy anchovies at the marina or at the local Arco gas station for the stripers.

It was really windy on Sunday and I had a tough time anchoring so make sure you have a good anchor.

Good luck.

vdub
06-27-2007, 04:07 PM
i just got back from del valle and the stripers and cats are wide open. the trout not so much so. i bumped into some cool guys at the cleaning station and they had a nice 2lb trout, but that was after 6 hours of trolling. they trolled from the marina to the dam and through swallow bay.

i'll have a report up by tonight on my striper and cat run. i had a pretty good one on 6/23, you can look up the report for that one. today was pretty productive too but the winds were killing it. i had almost an hour of dead time because of the wind. and at del valle, if you're not fishing trout, chicken liver is your best bet

LJ
06-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Slow troll the face of the dam and both the shore and cliff going into it as far to the shore as possible . Bounce the rigger balls if you are brave enough, use a spinner and crawler and try to stay at 25 ft. and watch your turns for the big ones to hit. You will think you have the bottom when the rod pops off the release . We caught a ten fish limit this way last week with the 5 largest going 30 1/2 pounds total.

06-28-2007, 01:32 AM
Fished their last friday and the wind blew like crazy. Got one cat while trolling for trout. (crazy two trips in a row now, but fun) I really marked alot of fish around the dam but I really thought they might be stripers. Anyway seen a couple of boats that just tied up to those weeds next to the dam area. Guess you'd call it the south side. They did great on strippers using anchovies and a few good size trout on power bait. You might try this if the wind comes up.

66726paiton
06-28-2007, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the help, can you use two poles in this lake. I have a two pole stamp????

Vole
06-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Yes, you can use two poles if you have a two rod stamp. If you bring a minor he/she is allowed two poles.