PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle 526-5/28

Woody
05-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Fished DV Saturday Morning 6:00 am till about 10:30 am. Wife and I caught 12 fish kept 6 for the smoker they are on right now. usual spot in Heron bay using gold kastmasters and J7 Rapalas. IT was overcast until about 9:00 am as soon as the sun came out the bite died.

Fished this morning from 6:00 am till about 10:00 am caught and released 10 fish 2 were nice holders from last year.

One of these days I will figure out how to post pictures

Woody

johnbfishin
05-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Dang woody, I knew I should have pm'ed you. I was there yesterday as well, we were fishing the dam area and heron bay. Most of our fish came closer to the dam though. Maybe you heard my dog barking at the hookups. ;) We brought around 15 to the boat with my buddy hooking most of them on an orange apex 25-35' on the wire. I spent most of the morning with a silver apex 50-60' on the wire looking for those elusive kings. I did manage a nice bow at 45' and one top lining a fire tiger rapala. I got tired of watching Jeff reeling in fish so I started fishing at 30' for more action.
We were off the water by 10:30, a couple of other boats that I knew were there and they did pretty well also. I agree the best bite was early, no doubt about it.