PDA

View Full Version : San Pablo 5/19

phisherKev
05-21-2007, 11:13 AM
Went to San Pablo on Sat. from 6am-3pm caught 2 fish 18" from 9-10 no bites after that. one on worms /eggs and the other on chartruse PB I got about 4 bites on the worm but only caught the one...first time with the worm threader.... I think I left to much hanging or i did not wait long enough?????

All the hits I missed on the worm the "hanging part was missing".

what is your advice on threading?

Mackattack
05-21-2007, 11:57 AM
I dont leave any hanging so lthe hook is coming out his little but and that usually stops the missed hits. Any help ?

Mavkattack [smiley=fishing5.gif]

phisherKev
05-21-2007, 12:38 PM
that is alot of help....
The one I caught on the worm I actually cut off the end! but he looked dead should i bring the worm up the line or cut him/ or her :-X

PaCiFiCa_Rd
05-21-2007, 02:23 PM
if you just let the fish eat the bait for a while it will usually get hooked

judge whoppner
05-21-2007, 04:24 PM
I only fish 1/2 worm all the time. Fish the dark purple end, cut in half or even 1/3. Hook twice throught the top with a small lightwire hook. I use red hooks that indicate they are for salmon/steelhead Blow up. Part worm will wriggle for a good twenty minutes, and will hold air too. Using a whole worm ther are too many chances for failure, especially in trying to keep the bait of the bottom. Also, you gotta let him take it. I use a bite indicator, and don't set the hook until the indicator comes all the way up. I might miss 1 in 20 when fishing for trout.

Just my two cents.