PDA

View Full Version : loon lake

lazylab
04-28-2007, 05:45 PM
went to loon after uvr to see if you can get in *8-) road trip. in front of the camp host spot is a snow bank 10" *in front of the first bathroom as you pull in probably 30 feet long by 1an ahalf foot deep *doable. most of the lot is clear , right side of the ramp has probably 10 feet of snow 8 inches deep. i'd say loon is a go, very soon. *played a little in the snow with 3600 lb boat in tow, then put in 4wheel to not scare the wife ;D good luck to all, an be safe in your travels expect the unexpected this time of year things can go bad an weather changes. i could have made it through the foot an ahalf but who knows coming out :)

danhood
04-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Cool with all the warm temps we have had this week that snow may not last much longer. Was UVR open?

LD
04-29-2007, 12:39 PM
L Lab,
Thanks for the report, I can't wait to get back in there.
Was there any ice on the water?

LD

lazylab
04-29-2007, 03:04 PM
hey lite drag sorry didn't call ya figured you see the post :) no ice at all,missed the turn off turned back around at he first dam ::) photoguy uvr is always open , if you want to launch at the dam!

danhood
04-30-2007, 12:08 AM
Ok I thought maybe you were checking the other ramps. Didn't think of the dam ramp. My cabin is off Wentworth Springs road so coming from the north is normally where I launch from.

Mickey_Thomas
04-30-2007, 07:16 AM
Sunset gate is still locked >:( takes me another 1/2 hour to do the dam thing ::) Thanks for the road report to Loon lazylab, I can hear Michelle yelling from here, "put it in 4 wheel drive you *##+" ;D ;D ;D ;D

lazylab
04-30-2007, 04:24 PM
;D you must of heard her mickey :o the langauge i was only having fun :-X had a guy coming in no boat watched me for a minute an decided to back out,locked her in an pulled out then a warden showed talked for awhile. cool cat that warden just out for a look, he was going in for a walk ::) some nice big prints in the snow , not to old :o maybe something to watch for! read allfish's report on the koke board , we all know it is that time of year be careful. will do loon fri night stay in the lot an meet lite_drag an sniffer sat if the snow line dosen't come down to far tues wed an fri >:( *ohh an mickey i need a ride in the big pond :-* :-* photoguy as far as i know icehouse is open also as some sniffers have been there,loon was a little tribute to some of the sniffers i have met 8-) but wanted to share with all :) 8-)

HBFishin
05-01-2007, 05:52 AM
Icehouse is clear. Fished there two weeks ago... in the snow. But that is all melted now. Browns are biting, not that the action is hot, but I was marking fish all over.

Going to Loon this weekend so I will let you guys know how it was.
Probably can't bring the boat, so shoring it... it's been a while since I have fished from shore.We'll see how it goes.