PDA

View Full Version : BERREYESA *4-29 *not bad for a beginner

doneli
04-30-2007, 06:31 PM
started the day real nice *by meeting t-roy at the ramp and after getting some advice i headed to the dam area and started trolling at 90ft. rolling shad at 1.2 mph. after about 10 minutes i had the first hit and put a nice 18in. king on the boat *the fish was still in the net when another pole snap off *and my wife got it .. as soon as she got *it,, the last pole snap off also and we had a double hook up :).. and i got that one..while my wife was bringing the fish in i was fighting the other one away from the boat and when my son netted that nice 20in. king i started to reel the other one in....and the show begun ;D *as soon it got close to the boat it was fighting hard it was a nice one and it went right under the boat and to the back... my son was trying to net it on the other side of the boat and then it went just around the propeller of the main motor and got stuck :(.. * i saw the fish right there and tried to net it while my wife was holding the pole.. and then it took off and broke the line off :'(... well by then we had two nice fish in the boat
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/uploads/1659/DSCN0699_WinCE_.JPG

we were trolling for about 2 hours more and ended up with 5 fish in the boat up to 20 in.
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/uploads/1659/DSCN0694_Small_.JPG

*and one that has mi dodger and bait holder( if somebody *catch that fish ;) *you know who it belongs to ;D ) *and another fish lost close to the boat *and few hits and no hook ups....this is the second time for me chasing those kings.. the first time me and my wife ( last week) we got only one 16in. * *but we liked the lake so much that we had to go again and take the kids.....it was a great day on the lake *great fishing until they opened the gate and let all those skiers loose ;D...then we decided to go and have lunch and drive around the lake * it is beautiful :) *after that we tried for black bass for a while.... i got two about 15in and i had a big one that i thought it was the record of the lake... but it was a big carp hooked on the side ;D ;D......after that we came home willing to go back to a nice lake.......
* *thanks again t-roy for your advice *and good luck

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * -doneli

Martinez Frank
04-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Great report Doneli those are some nice kings thanks for the report I am going to try to get there next weekend

Scott R
04-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Great pictures and nice fish. *Berryessa should just keep getting better the next few weeks. *Kokes are starting to show and it should be a great year.

T-ROY
04-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Any time Doneli. T-ROY