PDA

View Full Version : Folsom  Zoo/Lake Report 4-28

no_anchor
04-28-2007, 03:03 PM
The fishing was very slow today. We launched a liitle after 7 and got off the water by noon. The wind started out pretty bad but calmed down by 8:30. We ended up catching 2 kings and a rainbow and had 2 ldrs. The good thing is that the kings had no copepods in the gills. The bad thing is it is wake board season, by 11:00 the lake was pretty well infested with ski boats and jet skis. When we arrived at the take out there was atleast 60 rigs in the parking area and a line starting to form at the kiosk.
* I'm going to give a shot tomorrow bright and early and try for rainbows and kokes, I don't think the kings will be in full force again until late July.
A pic of the 16" king
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1293/folsom42807001jn8.jpg

jrj
04-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Nice report. Folsom is only fish-able on weekdays after the temps 80+ degrees. To many lake lice on jet skis and wake boards. It seems as if they go out of their way to irritate the people fishing.

Silver_Streak
04-28-2007, 07:12 PM
I was out Friday for a few hours in the morning fishing the south fork. Not a whole lot to report. Marked some fish, but no takers! Rolled shad and pulled some spoons. And yes, then came the ski boats. >:( Time to head back in and call it a day.

Nice talking to you, Sea Turtle...I hope I got your name right!

Fish on!!

JMat
04-28-2007, 11:21 PM
What is the significance of copepods in there gills? Sounds like it might drain energy from the fish but are there any other significant things about them. I hear mention of them every so often but how prevelant are they?

Thanks

JMat

Irish
04-29-2007, 06:53 AM
Wentfishing is right.
Living in Folsom, I fish the lake quite a bit, but I think the season at Folsom is over for me this year. You almost have to get off the lake by 9:30 or 10:00 in order to get your boat out of the water. The more boat traffic, the harder it is to catch fish. If I'm going out, I want to fish more than 3 to 3 1/2 hours. Due to work, I don't get to fish much during the week. Time to move on to the higher lakes.

Sea_Turtle
04-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Yes, Silver Streak, it was good talking to you Friday. A great day out there although a fish or two would have been nice. It was really slow - at least for me. I don't go to Folsom too often which is sad, since I live literally 2 miniutes from Browns Ravine (in EDH.)

I do most of my fishing at Collins (while camping), the Delta, and SF Bay. Growing up on the East Coast, I've got salt in my blood!!! I might try to get out Friday to troll for some Halibut.

When I go to Folsom though, it will be on Fridays - too crazy on the weekends now.

ST (Bryan)

foresthill_fishin
04-29-2007, 05:32 PM
:)nice-1