PDA

View Full Version : Football Trout at Los Vaqueros

Ikan_Mas
04-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Today turned out to be a darn good day at LV. *;D *Fished my sorta secret spot on the north (dam end). *Picked three nice bass and 3 trout. *The lagest trout of the bunch was this one, which weighed in at 4 pounds, 1 oz. *and was 20 inches long :o *My new personal best.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/orangputeh/IMG_0122.jpg

Note the big square tail. *This was not one of the recent planters. *This holdover fought like the dickens and I thought for sure I would lose him at some point. *What made the catch even sweeter was that I caught it and two of the other fish on a homemade lure, which is a Panther Martin copy with a black body and a black blade. *Worm on a bobber caught the other 3 fish. *

There was a big hatch of earwigs (type of bug) today at the lake and the trout were stuffed full of them. *Also found a shrimp (cocktail size) in the big fish, which is not unusual at LV.

For those of you that would be interested in the north end of the lake, I highly suggest you wear leather boots and keep your wits about you. *As I've noted before, this guy and all his brothers are all too common at the north end of LV.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/orangputeh/IMG_0113-1.jpg

I found this one at the water, having a drink this morning. *He took some nice photos. *He puffed up and hissed at me, but did not rattle. He was about 4 feet long.

Please do not kill these beautiful creatures as they serve a very useful purpose. *Pay attention and watch where you step, as they are so mellow they don't always rattle at you. *Keep your kids close at hand and tell them to keep their hands out of holes and under rocks. *If you do see a snake, show your children the beauty of God's creation, at a safe distance. *Teach respect and safety and we will all be better for it.

Doubleheader
04-27-2007, 07:34 PM
good job on landing that one; haven't fished the bank yet this year. Hope the wind was down for you.

Ikan_Mas
04-27-2007, 08:36 PM
Only light breezes today ;D. Just enough to move my bobber around slowly. I somehow picked it just right.