PDA

View Full Version : Oroville

FISHSTALKER
04-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Went to Oroville to chase Bass today but had to do a change up when we couldn't find them. Tried a few Lures until a large Coho grabbed a needle fish. That fish went ballistic and put on one heck of a show. After the first one we caught the next three were smaller and not as acrobatic but still made our day for us. Sorry no photos today.

chicofishrmen
04-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the report FS! How big would you say the big one was? What color of needlefish & how deep? I have had great luck on white needlefish for the Coho's.

AllFishNoWork
04-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Nice job Fishstalker, thanks for the report.
Very interesting....hmmmm might need to investigate Oroville, actually we were destined for Oroville yesterday and somehow ended up at BB.

FISHSTALKER
04-26-2007, 05:19 PM
It was between 3 to 4 lbs by educated guestimate and caught on a white speckeled needlefish. I think it is called a bikini. The other three were caught on a silver speckeled needlefish.
Because we went Bass fishing we didn't take downriggers. I was on my friends boat. We used one once ball weights about 100 feet back. Trolled deep water at least 100 feet at 1.5 mph zig zagging.
Hope that puts fish in the box for you. ;)