PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport *Reservoir opens on Saturday!

troutfan
04-22-2007, 03:34 AM
Unfortunately I won't be there for the opener because I have to work on Saturday but Mad Russian and I are going to hit it the following Saturday, the 5th. *Anybody that goes on opening day let us know how you do. *They say the reservoir is full and the fishing should be good.

Here's a representative 3.5 lb. "football" from last season.
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3944/img0322450x338tu1.jpg

Topaz_Tom
04-22-2007, 06:20 AM
I'll be there for the opener, we're staying Thursday nite thru Tuesday morning, then back on the 5th to stay a full week. The lake is down about 6 feet, but still pretty full. It's about where it was for the opener last year. Can't wait. Our campground has Wi-Fi access so I will try to post opening day results. Anybody else going opening day?, let me know so I can keep an eye out for you. Tom [smiley=angling.gif]

NRJohn
04-22-2007, 06:54 AM
I'm heading to Crowley for 3 days. Doubtful I'll go over to BP unless the fishing isn't good but think it will be.

troutfan
04-22-2007, 07:31 AM
One thing I won't miss on the opener are the large crowds. Bridgeport is a zoo and Crowley is twice as bad. At Crowley you can literally walk from boat to boat! :o

Topaz_Tom
04-22-2007, 07:48 AM
I'll agree it can be a zoo for the opener, but there is something about the anticipation & excitement about the opener that keeps bringing me back every year, plus the chance of catching a really big fish. :o ;)

NRJohn
04-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Honestly I don't think Crowley has been that bad the last couple of years. We take the Bankers hours approach so little waiting to launch. Plus with the high price of gas maybe it's kept some people home?

I have yet (knock on wood) to have my lines run over by another boat.

Should be fun. This will be the 5 year olds first opener. She's already an old hand at catching. Even says to herself as she's reeling in a fish "pull up reel down".

troutfan
04-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Sounds good John. *I would love to hear a report from Crowley with a few pics. ;) I hope you guys have a great day!

danmcmartin
04-22-2007, 11:46 AM
BP is a possibility next weekend. I de-winterized my boat a few weeks back and between the weather, Little League, etc. I haven't been out. I was thinking Walker or Topaz, but if I get a hankering for company I might hit the BP. Only thing is with no dock on the ramp, it is hard. Neither my wife or kids is comfortable driving the boat or the truck and trailer. Topaz and Walker have a dock so they can just tie her up and wait for me to park the truck or for me to go get it when we're done. I would love to hear a report anyway and will post up my success, or lack thereof.