PDA

View Full Version : Trout or Steelhead Spots on the American or Sac?

The_Rand_Man
04-18-2007, 08:20 AM
Could a fellow fisherman point me in the direction of an area where i can cast out a night crawler from shore and try to catch a trout or steelhead on the American or Sac.? Or any other bank spots worth a cast? Im very new to river fishing so any advice would be great!!!!!

pez
04-18-2007, 09:45 AM
steelhead season is over, however you can always catch some of the smaller ones (called halfpounders). Yesterday I hooked two nice ones down below the Nimbus fish hatchery. This trout/juvenile steelhead are spread out all over the river. Remenber it is barbless hooks.

The_Rand_Man
04-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Thanks! Ill have to try that out. What do you use?

pez
04-18-2007, 12:18 PM
I use a little cleo (gold/maroon). Just remenber it is barbless down to ancil hoffman park. I use single barbles hooks (siwash type).

DiamonBackHunter
04-18-2007, 03:37 PM
How do you rig your worm bait?

The_Rand_Man
04-19-2007, 07:54 AM
I just loop it a few times on the head end and let the tail swing in the water. If using a barbless hook, its probably going to be more of a challenge. Maybe a small rubberband, or piece of thread.

Fish-on
04-20-2007, 02:48 PM
You can get small rubber bands at most tackle shops. I have also treaded them up past the eye of the hook and use a small bead that stays tight against the shank when pushed up. Be prepared to rebait when you are not using barbed hooks. You can always toss spiners.