PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa rainy/windy weekend

backbrace17
04-16-2007, 07:57 AM
Connie and I arrived to Spanish Flat around 10 am on Friday morning, check-in and were fishing at the dam around 11am. We managed to land 10 nice kings in a couple of hours. All the fish came on blue hoochies behind a dodger at 90'. Saturday morning greeted us with rain, lots of rain. But despite the rain, we mananged another 11 before heading back to camp and a warm shower. Sunday morning was warm and sunny in camp. But once around the bend, a stiff 40 knots wind was in your face. Connie and I tried for half an hour before calling quit. All in all, it was still a great weekend spent with good friends.

fishon_gethenet
04-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the report BB...we went out and tried to fish in that wind yesterday. It was difficult to say the least. Nice job on the limits Friday and Saturday.

How far is the dam from Spanish Flat? We were thinking about making the run to the dam yesterday but decided not too because of the wind.

Ol Angi
04-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Back Brace. I saw you out there both days. I had better luck at the dam on Sat. than Sunday.

Fishon. My boat will do around 35mph, and it takes me about 25 minutesor so to get to the dam from the free launch ramp wich is real close to Spanish Flat. I launched at Markley cove for the first time, that is a nice place and a short boat ride before lines were in the water. That's where I will be launching out of from now on.

fishon_gethenet
04-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Ol Angi, thanks for the info. I had no idea it was that far to the dam? I thought it would be a 10 minute ride or so? Markley sounds like the way to go. What are the launch fees at Markley?

Ol Angi
04-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Ol Angi, thanks for the info. What are the launch fees at Markley?

$15