PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th at Don Pedro

Scott R
04-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Today we fished with Monte Smith of Gold Country Sport Fishing and had a great day. *Water temperature was 64 degrees and we were trolling anywhere from 40-85 feet deep. *Rolling shad, Uncle Larry's, and nightcrawlers on a side planer worked well. *We lost a few, released a few and kept two limits, 3 kings and 7 rainbows. *Got some great info about fishing Don Pedro and had a great trip. *Monte is a great guide as well as a good teacher and I would highly recommend him. This was our catch with kings to 21".http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/5663/img0131yf8.jpg *
Don Pedro is a beautiful lake and we probably saw maybe 15 boatshttp://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4333/img0137st4.jpg *One of the highlights of this trip was, while cleaning our catch, a lucky angler showed us a 29" 10lb 4oz king caught today out of Don pedro. *What a toad!

JoeTech
04-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the report, glad to see the kid out catching some fish. so a 10lb king....wow I wish you would have taken a picture of that. Looks like the bite is starting to pick up a DP.

Joe

fishon18
04-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Scott,

Yeah Monte is great guide and knows that lake by the back of his hand. It seems to me that the lake has been kicking out some quality King's, and it's only going to get better! Just curious, where was the targeted area of choice? Great report and that is what keeps me coming back time after time. Take care Scott ;)

fishon_chris
04-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Scott,nice bragg stick.I have heard he is a great guideMybe one of these days I will get a chance to fish with him.I need to learn Pedro a lot better.

Chris :)

tortuga
04-14-2007, 06:01 AM
Thanks for the report. Pedro really is a great lake. Those are some nice fish. We haven't been there for a couple of weeks but the kings were really starting to hit. Maybe we'll head over there tomorrow if the weather breaks a little.
Tortuga

froggie
04-14-2007, 10:56 AM
Nice pics of fish that showed what a great day you had on DP. We were there a few weeks ago & we released all but 2 of the fish. I caught 9 & Tortuga caught 6, so we also had a great day. Seems like we don't get to Don Pedro that often, always seem to head towards Melones. But, love thos kings, so we'll just have to force ourselves. Especially if the kokes are slow in coming.
Froggie