PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa 4/10

Rod Bender
04-10-2007, 05:50 PM
I teamed up today today with JT and his yellow lab Diesel to troll Berryessa for some Kings. As we paid the launch at Markley we ran into Rod Browning, he said he was waiting for Sep.

At 7:20am we had our first King to the boat. Caught at 61' on rolled shad. About a half hour later my deep rod went off and we knew this was the size kings we were looking for, after a few long runs JT netted my 20.25" king. This fish hit a rolled shad at 65'. If there is one there has to be more.

We continure to boat kings during the early morning, releasing most that were under 15". At about 10:30am we saw Rod and Sep and slowly motored over to see how they were doing. After a few exchanges it sounds like Sep may need a new alarm clock. However, this did not hurt the bite they were into. They said they had boated several nice kings in the 20" class and had one more to fill the limit.

We saw Kokoloco on the water and he had steady action. We also saw GVF and Ric Ric, they were trying to figure out the bite pattern of this lake. We offered as much help as possible without giving them our lures. Everytime we would hook up, I could here them yell, not another one. Sorry guys, you will have your turn on the hot bite soon at Berryessa.

We boated over 30 kings today, most caught between 60-80' on rolled shad. Water temp was up to 64, light wind and plenty of sun. The bonus of the day was a chunky kokanee that went 14.5" caught on a rolled shad, go figure.

JT, thanks for the ride today, you are a great host. See you on the water soon.

Rod Bender with our best king for the day
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/Berryessa_4_10_07_006.jpg

Kokoloco on a solos troll
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/Berryessa_4_10_07_008.jpg

Rod and Sep with a couble of chunky Kings
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/Berryessa_4_10_07_010.jpg

GVF and Ric Ric looking for those kings
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/Berryessa_4_10_07_011.jpg

JT with our best five kings for the day
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/Berryessa_4_10_07_012.jpg

JusTrollin
04-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Had alot of fun out there today just wish the fish were alittle bigger. I found the other stacker when I got home.Next time out I should have a radio so I wont have to yell at everyone.Rodbender thanks for joining me be back friday

mjkielty
04-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Muy bien amigos! It appears that they (kings) are still there!
See you both on the water soon.

MJK

egrammer
04-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Rod Bender, You are the man. Looks like you and JT the brick still have a little Mojo from just a few days ago! I love the pictures you post all the time. Take it easy and hope to see you this weekend. JT, Let me know this weekend what is going on???

firetrout
04-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Hey guys, *Going on Thursday with my son and his friend. *Were was most action today? *Will check the threads on Wed. night for the update. *Thanks,

Garden_Valley_Fish
04-10-2007, 08:04 PM
We gave it shot wih out the shad and put 5 kings in the boat just couldnt keep up with Rod bender ,JT or Kokoloco but had a great day on unfamiliar water and put fish in the boat.The best thing is when I had a bass on one line a king on the other they came in together and Ric 1 Ric swooped them both into the net 1 pole two fish 1 net ;D ;D
Met Son in the parking lot also Good talking with sniffers today and thanks for joining me Ric.

kokoloco
04-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Great story and pics. I see electric downriggers in my future. NEAR future. I can't imagine handcranking up one of those 8# balls in July from 70 feet. I'm shopping tommorow for DR's. See ya on the water soon.

Sam ;)

egrammer
04-10-2007, 08:11 PM
Hey GVF, were you there Sunday at the dam? Me and my brother in law Big Dan G were out there. I didn't know what your boat looked like until I saw Rod benders pics!

Munnster
04-10-2007, 08:21 PM
What's this fishing on a Tuesday?? Must be nice! Looks like the bite is still on. That must have been a site to see Rod and Sep on the water. Wonder who had the best stories in that boat! Kokanee on shad? Go figure is right! Should be a good kokanee year.

Fisher-Munn

Garden_Valley_Fish
04-10-2007, 08:26 PM
egrammer That wasnt me this was the first trip I have ever made to Berryessa I like the lake nice place.The best thing today was waiting for the trailer ;D ;D ;D

fishon_gethenet
04-10-2007, 09:08 PM
It sounds like the fish are dropping deeper? We may head up on Saturday I'll give 60' a shot. Thanks for the report.

T-ROY
04-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Looks you guys did good agin . I can't wait to get back on the water. If it rains alot I will be out there on saturday. Jt pray for rain and we'll go on saturday. T-ROY

kokaneemart.com
04-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Rodbender and group,

Nice job and great pics! Must be spring break. We'll see you out there
soon. :)

kokedealer
04-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Good work Rod Bender and JT, looks like Berryessa is still a producer in a major way- thanks for the report
That sure is a bright shiny smile you have there Rod Bender! Nice fish indeed

good luck out there this weekend as Iím assuming most of you will be back at it. Iím also assuming most of you wont need it at this rate

Iíll report back from my camping at McClure next Monday- I might have to fish for the spots we intended to target with rolled shad after reading some enlightening reports of 4&5 lb kings this past weekend

-Jeremy

Ol Angi
04-11-2007, 10:19 AM
I will be out there Sunday. Just look camo boat with the lab. I have been having good luck this year, but not very big in size. So I am going to try the dam this weekend. See you guys there.

Big_D
04-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Let's see $1.00 @ minute at the business center at the Mirage in Las Vegas to check fishing reports. Am I a little addicted ::)
Rod Bender, JT Thanks for the fix.
Go's well with 3 fingers of Belvedere :o

20" King's hope to see some more of those soon.

ric1ric
04-12-2007, 06:10 AM
GVF and I head out on Tues to try Berryessa for the first time for both of us. Started our first pass with Rich getting an interesting hook up, he had two rods in the water and when he got hit on one it seems he had tangled them together. As he reels in one rod we see two fish coming in, and not just a king but but a fair sized bass in tow. To make this even better as it get to the boat, I was able to net both fish in one swoop.
After that Rich picked up a fish here and there, but I couldn't buy a bite other than a couple of short strikes. All the while we had to listen to Rod Bender, Kokoloco, and Sep, fish on or double or triple. I did finally get one. It was as nice of a day as you could ask for though, clear skies, no wind and great company. A bunch of sniffers out there to boot.
Thanks for the ride GVF in your new "ol Bote" did I get that right?
Sorry it took so long to post, but I actually had to work haha
Next time well have shad!!

Garden_Valley_Fish
04-12-2007, 06:52 AM
Thanks Ric it was a fine day!! I still think waiting for you to bring the trailer was the best part ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o ::) ::).I don't know why I didn't take any pics?? ;D ;D

AllFishNoWork
04-12-2007, 07:00 AM
Good to hear you 2 had a good time. Nice job scooping the double Ric! Trailer story :-? hmmm, sounds interesting.

AllFishNoWork
04-12-2007, 07:02 AM
Go's well with 3 fingers of Belvedere
Does anything not?

ric1ric
04-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Pictures at the ramp would have been nice, and I'm sure they would have been glad to pose for you.

Garden_Valley_Fish
04-12-2007, 07:23 AM
Ric
Did I mention that they asked to see my fish!!

AHH memories for a lifetime

vvbob
04-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Did I mention that they asked to see my fish

Ahhh; must have been some dollies flirting with GVF 8-) 8-) 8-)

I'll be up tomorrow (Friday)

Earl_the_Pearl
04-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Dosent anyone work theese days?Iscrewed up somewhere i didnt retire until i was 66 years old,i might not be the sharpest tack in the box,but i dont get it,or thees guys that fish on Tuesday have a night job,or there wife has two jobs,im sure thats it ,ive beat this to death ,im going golfing, nice stringer Jt and Rodbender,see you on the water

JPFX
04-12-2007, 09:15 AM
I've wondered the same thing Earl. * I don't understand it either :-?

I'll either be at Berryessa or Amador Friday...haven't decided yet. *Either way, I'll be burning up 8 hours of comp time :( *Not to mention $50 + in gas :( *Getting up at 4a.m. :( *5+ hours on the road (if Berryessa) *:( *But, If my 3 yr old daughter can catch her 1st first, it'll be worth it. :) *Anyone of the regulars going to Berryessa tomoroow? *Fishon-get the net? *Kokaneemart? *Fishermumm? *Anyone?

JusTrollin
04-12-2007, 10:03 AM
I should be out there tommarrow.Earl No I dont work I fish,well that was until today.The 06/07 weekday fishing tour is over after friday.I finally decided to get a job.The wife started getting upset at me for fishing 2-3 days a week & her footin the bill.So back to the weekend crowds for me.GVR you should see that ramp in the middle of summer, sometimes I just put the boat on the bank & watch the scenery it's nice.Also you get to see some funny stuff watching people launching or retrieving their boats.

Garden_Valley_Fish
04-12-2007, 04:40 PM
;D ;D ;DYea we saw a few I can imagine that boat ramp in summer :o

Earl I retired last december a little earlyer than you did so I fish durring the week now ;) ;)

ric1ric
04-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Jus trollin my wifes starting to complan also so I may have to go back to work soon, like next year or two. I don't get it ;D ;D Week day fishin nothin better.

vvbob
04-12-2007, 06:24 PM
JPFX
I'll be out tomorrow. Will be fishing near the dam, channel 69

Rod Bender
04-12-2007, 06:32 PM
I get my work done in four days, that leaves me three days off every week, or 52 additional days a year. I work for the State system dad, I can't help it that they give me all these days of vacation, sick and holidays.

See you guys in the morning at Berryessa.

Koke_Machine
04-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Rodbender, Vacaville Bob, etc. etc. - I guess the vote is totally for the dam tomorrow. I'll be there too since maybe you can then tow me to Skier's Cove if it's slow (gas being as expensive as it is, plus my little 15-hp Honda is a little slow) ;) I'll give you all a shout on "69" and either give you the word on what's workin or I'll be askin what's workin ::) See ya at daybreak.

BIG_DAN_G
04-12-2007, 06:57 PM
I'm with Earl the Pearl. I will be thinking about fishing for the 12 hours at work tommorow, bummer I know you guys feel sorry for me. Good luck fella's.

fishon_gethenet
04-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Good luck everyone..can't wait to see the reports. It looks like we may be heading up on Sunday.

JusTrollin
04-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Rod bender your a grown man & you still aswer to you dad on a public forum, He raised a fine young man.I'll be there in the mornin with THREE HELL RAISIN boys & a 4lb puppy.

Munnster
04-13-2007, 07:13 AM
I'll be on Berryessa for sure on Sunday and perhaps on Saturday as well. Kokaneemart and MJK I'll call you if I'm there on Saturday.
Anyone else?
Feels funny not fishing on Friday!

Fisher-Munn