PDA

View Full Version : Pine Flat 4-8-07

jfairbarn
04-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Took the new Lund 1650 out for it's first, break in trip yesterday at Pine Flat (what a great boat!). Great day! Started by the dam with a small (3") chrome Sep's dodger (yellow prism tape) and Cop Car Needlefish (barbless) at 50 feet. Hooked up immediately with a nice 16" Salmon. Lot's of jumps and super fisty fish! Partner used Sep's dodger and night crawler at 35 feet. Bait didn't seem to matter. I ended up with a chrome Apex (1-1/2") in search of any bigger fish. We caught mostly Salmon from about 35' down to 90' from the dam to the power lines and on up river. Lot's of fish right under the power lines and at the turn as you head up river. Salmon are scattered but really aggressive. All seemed to be 14 to 16" though we did keep one fish 22" and we lost a couple that "felt" much larger. Probably the barbless hook? With all the action we didn't want to use barbs for sure. Caught five Trout as well, but nothing to write home about. Released all of them in the water. All in all a great day with a total of 28 fish in the boat for two guys and ten in the live well. We probably missed another ten or so! Talked to another guy who fished the power lines all day who had over 30 fish! The boat is has been properly broken in!

JoeTech
04-09-2007, 07:43 PM
First off welcome to the boards. Now thats the way to break in the boat. Last year I broke in my boat at PF. A 22" fish thats really good from pine flat. Got any pics? Lots of boats on the water?

jfairbarn
04-11-2007, 10:47 AM
JoeTech,

Thanks for the welcome! I've fished PF before and would agree with the size issue. In the past, I averaged 14 -15" Salmon & Trout with maybe an ocassional 16-17". This 22" Salmon was indeed a good fish. I measured it in the boat and again when we got home and cleaned them. Nice fish! I had two others up to the net that shook themselves off (barbless hook).....looked about the same size to me and my pard. Anyway, a great day for sure! I never saw more than about 8 or 10 boats on the lake all day. No crowds at all...Easter I guess?

Had the camera along, new batteries for the ocassion, and promised my wife I'd take pictures of the first outing. Never gave it a thought after that until we were about half way home! Just having too much fun!

first5
04-11-2007, 07:37 PM
new lund and great numbers = great day. thanks for the report. :)

jfairbarn
04-12-2007, 08:24 AM
first5,

Your welcome & THANKS!