PDA

View Full Version : beardsley in the raft

HOOF
04-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Hit beardsley again toady in my raft-this time played it smart and got off water when wind started blowing(an unusual 9:30 am)..Had whole lake to myself-weather was a little odd but no matter.Trolled small dodger /crawler for 4 bites and 3 in the boat and all three were over 16" with one going 18" and FAT...Good times--Still gonna drop in The Tug at some point-tired of messing with wind in that raft....Will be surprised if lake fills-it is still WAAAAYYYYY down

ratss427
04-10-2007, 06:28 PM
thanks for the report guy.i don't think we are going to get any more water than we have now.its great to have the lake to youself....and the wind up ther can get BAD . ;) :)

tortuga
04-10-2007, 06:58 PM
Yeah that wind can come up sudden like too. My little 12' toy boat doesn't like that stuff. Aren't those some nice trout? I was up a couple of times last week and had a great time. I don't think there's gonna be much more water either. A lot of the snow is already gone.
Tortuga
[smiley=fishing5.gif]

ratss427
04-10-2007, 07:12 PM
low water doesnt necessarily mean bad fishing. ;)some of my best seasons were during lower water years.

HOOF
04-11-2007, 04:54 PM
I too have done good at beardsley and cherry(slayed them at pincrest when way down-which the water is to the ramp at pincrest) when it was low-and on the plus side at least stream season will be fishible when it opens and the rivers will not be blown out for months.Hopefulley we get a couple more storms before summer..