PDA

View Full Version : Easter @ Pyramid

Captain_Morgan
04-08-2007, 08:32 PM
* * * * Fishing wasn't the hottest on the lake.we caught about 10 fish between trolling & bank fishing. We had 2 keepers.At the Pelican ramp they had just planted, I heard it was 500 5lb fish. (could have been)They were all hanging around the boat dock & people were catching fish all weekend. We didn't really try to much it didn't seem right to me,but it looked like it was all C&R for most people. I did catch 2 off the bank at camp. You could watch fish cruiseing the banks all weekend.The wind picked up Saturday afternoon & rearranged our camp. Lots of fun, it was good to see Chickfishing & Meet Barry. Didn't see any other sniffers. Great time!!! *8-)

Fish were caught on various lures. Bober & double fly(blood midge) setup was my bank killer. Spoons, one on Lyman.Bright colors worked.

Mrs Capt. with *Hen
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/IMG_0023.JPG

fat samuri with a cutt
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/IMG_0002.JPG
I caught after sunset bank fishing, I should have washed the sand off *her*::)
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/IMG_0063.JPG

Fly'in Colors
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/medium/IMG_0048.JPG

FatSamurai
04-08-2007, 09:01 PM
where is the pic of my biger fish, lol

Thanks for a fun week end

drstressor
04-08-2007, 09:06 PM
They release spawned out fish at Pelican, but I doubt that the fish being caught are recent plants. People have been catching those fish around the docks for several weeks now. There was a pretty good size distribution as if last week. That bay is full of midges and that's what's attracting the fish.

Topaz_Tom
04-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the report & pics!! Glad you got out, that wind on Saturday was brutal. Tom [smiley=angling.gif]

Mr_Ed
04-08-2007, 09:34 PM
The planters are the normal 9 to 12" size.

Don't want to burst anyone's bubble............... :'(

Another reason for the "hogs" to check out Pelican, now and then,
for some "french fries". ;D ;D ;D

AllFishNoWork
04-09-2007, 06:10 AM
Nice report Capt, glad to hear you had a good time.

Captain_Morgan
04-09-2007, 06:19 AM
Thats amazing how all the fish would just hang out by the dock.There had to be a hundred fish. If they were feeding on midges,that explains why the fly bobber setup did ok.

Tom, that wind came up so fast we lost our new easy up,it got destroyed.We almost lost a tent & the boat,everything at one time.

vvbob
04-09-2007, 06:58 AM
Good report guys, & thanks for the pic's. Sorry to hear about your campsite. When you said you almost lost the boat, I said "Scary".

loose_goose
04-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Hey....glad you-all had a good time anyway......now mamma knows how that lake can be :-? I don't launch if theres any whitecaps....and still the wind can come up so fast there....still a great lake....

OTDRSMN
04-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Capt. Morgan,

Glad to hear fishing was still good *:) for you but felt bad that the wind did a number on your campsite. :(

The wind came up a couple of times on Joe (GILLCOLLECTOR) and I too and we had to batten down the hatches but not as bad as it sounds like you encountered! *[smiley=undecided.gif]

I would like to plan another trip or two *[smiley=thumbsup.gif] before the end of the season to Pyramid! * Let's see if we can get GILLCOLLECTOR, LOOSE GOOSE and CAPT. MORGAN'S crew together for another trip to Pyramid! [smiley=winkfs.gif]

OTDRSMN

loose_goose
04-09-2007, 06:27 PM
[smiley=worm.gif] I'm in.....but times runnin out

Gill Collector
04-10-2007, 07:52 PM
We've got a few more weekends, but I'm not going to be free till the second weekend in May. Too early to plan that?

Hey Capt. We lost our EZ up too! That is, the wind was strong enough to draw one of the bolts out of the housing it was secured in. My EZ up became an EZ out. Hope I find an EZ replacement! ;D

Captain_Morgan
04-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Gill Collector

No kidding!! You lost one too.The wind turned ours into a tumbleweed. Will see after the shasta derby may 5th. We love to catch those cutts,but the fishing wasn't red hot. Koke season kicks in soon too! Right now we can play it by ear.

THE_TROUTKING
04-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Ya I almost lost one to and a tent there. I took of the top of the easy up and tied and secured the tent to the frame of it and *saved them both :)
Brian