PDA

View Full Version : Berryessa 4/1

Big_D
04-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Had some fun on Berryessa today with my Son and Grandson. Met up at Markley at 7AM. *Ran into T-Roy, JT and Pilot Hill Mark at the ramp. Thanks again for the Bud JT ( I'm enjoying one now as I type)
Started to get the lines in the water about 7:30 and T-Roy's on the radio setting up a friendly wager. Best Fish and best 5 fish stick for $5 each.

My mouth works faster than my brain and I said "were in" *::)

My brain soon caught up and I realized our Team consisted of 2 "Joe Average's" and a 5 year old against 2 licensed guides and a guy who could catch fish in his backyard. I complained and asked for a hanidicap but they were having none of it! Grande Dan G and his crew got in on the action and it was game on.
We caught and released more fish than we cared to count and had a great time. Had 6 doubles landed and our big fish was caught by 5 year old Ethan *and went 17.5" http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/525/medium/DSC00249.JPG
* * * * * * * * * *Ethan with his 17.5" Berryessa King

We all met up at 1PM for the official weigh in. Grande Dan G took big fish and Team T-Roy took big stick. Team Grande D didn't embarass ouselves and were close to the money.

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/525/medium/DSC00252.JPG
* * * * * * * * * * Official wiegh in and Beer Fest

While shooting the breeze on the bank we warned Ethan about snakes and told him to stay close and not get up into the rocks and grass. 5 minutes later JT found a rattle snake 10 ft from where we *were at and promptly dispatched it with one of T-Roy's paddles.

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/525/medium/DSC00254.JPG
* * *If you ever want to go on a guided Snake Hunt here's your boy's

Headed over to the Dam after the weigh in and put 5 more fish in the net to cap off a fine day on the water. Best set up for us was rolled shad behind a 3 0 Sep's Sliver Starlite dodger and White and Red RG & Rocky Mtn UV Squid behind Sliver 3 0 dodgers. All with lot's of Shad gel. Best depth was 50'-60'

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/525/medium/DSC00257.JPG
* * * * * * * * * * * * The Boy's with our Fish for Dinner

All in All a great day with some good fishing friends and family.

As Brad Paisley would say * * "Time Well Wasted"

mjkielty
04-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Three generations of Big D's on the water is definitly not Time Wasted! Great job you guys, makin' memories is what it is all about. You all certainly made a few today. Now Jeremy, come on now, don't those Kings taste a bit better than the "fowl" you would rather be chasin'?

MJK

loose_goose
04-01-2007, 06:04 PM
;)Great job....going out in AM with my two grandsons,,,,,sure hope for same sucess

JusTrollin
04-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Big D & big Dan G good seeing you guys out there.After taking the $5 for big fish I soon realized I was up agaist a 5 year old the 5 went in the wallet & will stay there until I see you again.Then I put it towards a 12 pack & drink it with you.Fact of the day is Ethan landed more big fish than me.Great day on the lake with good friends & pretty good fishing.

fishon_gethenet
04-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the report...sounds like a great time. I never realized there were rattlesnakes at Berryessa? That'll make me think twice about walking around out there with the dog. :-?

T-ROY
04-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Big D, it's always a pleasure fishing out there with good friends. The best part of the day was Ethan's grin from ear to ear in this pic and the slimy high-five afterwards. We got over 20 Kings to the boat and lost those four pigs on rolled shad.

And to Big Dan G, double or nothing next time, and no, you canít pay in pesos.

THANKS, T-ROY

Ethan James Gibbins, 17.5" Berryessa King
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/509/4-1--07_berryessa_Ethan.jpg

Justrollin with his 19.75" Berryessa King
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/509/4-1--07_berryessa_JT.jpg

Dennis
04-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Nice Day! Note to self... Never bet a 5 year old $5.

I think I'll pass on the guided sandels and shorts rattlesnake hunt.

Martinez Frank
04-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the report glad to see even the young fishermen getting into the action ;)

kokoloco
04-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Great report and nice catch. You'll have fond memorys about today.

Sam

Rod Bender
04-02-2007, 05:53 AM
We might have to call Steve Erwin out to Berryessa to round up the rattlesnakes. Great report by all. Sounds like the action really picked up after I talked to Troy and BigD on the phone at 10am. Got another PM report from Tak, he and his son had a great first time out on Berryessa.

When we go on shore you need to keep your eyes peeled for those snakes. I hate to admit this, at one time I had over 20 snakes in my basement, including rattlesnakes. So I am somewhat of an ex - expert on snakes. I still hate to be surprised by them.

Sounds like we are getting interest for another minifest at Berryessa this Friday with the Kokaneemart gang. Game on dudes. I can't wait, I will have Earl the Pearl with me after being on the bench for two weeks.

Great picture of the grandson with that big King, Dale. The smile says it all.

Munnster
04-02-2007, 06:02 AM
I'm on for Friday. Not sure if Kokoloco will be with me as I'm really not into towing anyone this time!!
Big D and T-Roy - nice job on the kings. What a great season this year has been so far. It's always nice to see the kids on board.

Fisher-Munn

fish_junky
04-02-2007, 06:06 AM
Great Job guys, Boy do I need to get back up there. I think I'll hit it after the salmon opener.

kokaneemart.com
04-02-2007, 08:11 AM
Big D, JT, T-Roy..(this sounds like a casting call for West Side Story!)

Nice job out there gents! Those are some nice kings and skinny snakes!

Rodbender...hmmmm....you had snakes in the basement?? Did you bite the heads off of [smiley=bat.gif] bats also! :-* [smiley=bat.gif]

Big D... the picture of your grandson by T-Roy will be on my website today! It is a classic. *;)

Fri. looks pretty sweet!

BIG_DAN_G
04-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Hey Big "D" it was very nice to meet you and take your money on the same day. Sorry I could'nt stay longer and talk, next time. I think I like Grande Dan G. Next time I'll have some pesos in case one of you guys get lucky. I think those U.V hoochies from kokannemart in the chartruse amd berryessa blue were my best producers. I will be on the lake friday, to give it a try again.

Big (Grande) Dan G.

May the fish be big and the beers be cold

kokedealer
04-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Thanks Dad for another great day on the water that we surely wont forget.
I bet Mom was thrilled with those pics- those are classic

It was good too meet you T-Roy, JT, Big Dan G and Pilot Hill Mark

I cant wait for the phone call Iím expecting when Ethan tells his mom about the rattler ;D

Good times

Rod Bender
04-02-2007, 03:07 PM
BigDanG, see you the water Friday. Game on!!! Sounds like you have some extra cash from Sundays mini derby. Might have another one going this Friday.

firetrout
04-02-2007, 03:15 PM
I can't pass it up this Good Friday. I want to fish with so many pro's. :)

I know if I have a problem there is tow service available. ::)

I'll also be on the radio with big ears to get your advice. ;D

wagonmaster
04-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Great reports, and good times, Going to get out friday also, be in a Klamath w/o stars. (not my boat). Hate to say this, but there is a DFG code that I think makes it a misd to kill the rattlers. So watch out for the snakes and wardens

BIG_DAN_G
04-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Hey Rod look forward to seeing you out there. I'm perrty sure killing that snake was out of self defense. I'm in for fridays little bet. I need to buy more lures from Ric.

JusTrollin
04-02-2007, 07:35 PM
I'll be there also with the girls wont get there till late 9:00 have to drop the boy off at school.So for the bet I have to pass.Ill try to fix my radio by then.Big Dan G dont get too confident Earl the pearl is goin to be there & he can fish very good.

T-ROY
04-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Jt I will be on shasta saturday maybe. Friend of mine just got back kings to 24 inches. T-ROY

Rod Bender
04-03-2007, 05:11 AM
Glad to hear you are going to make JT, limits of rattlesnakes by noon. You will have lady luck on your boat, which is hard to beat. See you on Friday.

JusTrollin
04-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Lady luck,shad & a new suplly of "GIT BIT" spinners cant wait.Its my understanding that you can take snakes & amphibiens,with a valid CA fishing licence.Hey kokedealer tell the babies mama its all fun & games when the boss is away.

JusTrollin
04-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Hate to say this, but there is a DFG code that I think makes it a misd to kill the rattlers. So watch out for the snakes and wardens

Just got off the phone with DFG.No licence is required to take rattlesnakes,so I dont have to turn myself in.

kokedealer
04-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Lady luck,shad & a new suplly of "GIT BIT" spinners cant wait.Its my understanding that you can take snakes & amphibiens,with a valid CA fishing licence.Hey kokedealer tell the babies mama its all fun & games when the boss is away.

You know it JT 8-)

JusTrollin
04-03-2007, 03:17 PM
I'll take some of that quack in october.I love callin ducks just as much as catchin fish.

kokoloco
04-03-2007, 03:49 PM
I hope nobody needs a tow on Friday. I wont be in Fisher-muns boat and my tow boat has only 25 ponys. I could probably tow a canoe or large innertube. ;D ;D I be fishing with Steve Tucker so I'll see you all on Friday.

Sam

T-ROY
04-03-2007, 06:01 PM
Jt you have alot of job titles your my deckhand and a snake charmer and not a bad fisherman. T-ROY

JusTrollin
04-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Thanks Now I just need A REAL JOB

Koke_Machine
04-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Rod Bender, Kokaneemart, all -

I too will be out there this Good Friday. Can't wait to try the rolled shad again. My son and I got a 19-inch king last Sunday. Heard you guys talkin too. T-Roy thanks for the tips. We had an early first day as we left at 10 after releasing several smaller kings, lost a couple and came home with 2. I'll be in the little 14-foot red lund, rods out, beer or coffee in hand, radio in the other...I'll give you all a "shout" probably around skiers cove to start. See ya then.

Munnster
04-04-2007, 06:16 AM
Big D and myself are ready for Friday. Earl the Pearl it will be nice to see you back on the water. Need to get ready for the Shasta derby coming soon. Make sure you check the gas guage before you leave ok?

Fisher-Munn

Grande_Dan_G
04-04-2007, 06:49 AM
Hey Big D I like the name so much, at work on this computor I'm using it instead of Big dan G.

kokedealer
04-04-2007, 12:16 PM
I'll take some of that quack in october.I love callin ducks just as much as catchin fish.

you got it JT, we'll have to sample eatchother's product