PDA

View Full Version : Folsom 3/24

no_anchor
03-24-2007, 12:09 PM
Had a slow day at folsom today, we only landed 2 small kings in the 12" range. I left the camera and ice chest sitting in the garage so I figured today would be the day I would've caught the toad, not to be. The fish were caught at 24' and 35' otw. I was off the water by 12:00 so maybe there was a later bite.
The plus side of the day was I got to meet a few sniffers out there today on the radio and at the ramp. It was nice meeting side jump and hammer. I also heard A 50 on the radio but never saw him. I'm going to give it another shot tomorrow and hopefully the bite turns back on.

no anchor

fishgetter
03-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Well, at least you caught something. What'd you use-apexes, excels, speedy shiners?

no_anchor
03-24-2007, 12:24 PM
We used all of the above but the excel was the only producer.

SideJump
03-24-2007, 05:07 PM
My son and I hit the water around 0745 hrs and fished until 1130 hrs. Like No_Anchor said, it was slow. We ended up with two kings in the cooler and let one go. The one we let go was about two inches longer than our lure. We must have drug him for at least an hour... poor thing.

We caught all the fish on Excels b/t 25-30' trolling 2.1-2.4 mph. Two fish were hooked near the dam (one LDR) and the other two were at Folsom Point.

Talked to A50 and it was slow for him too. Nice meeting No_Anchor at the ramp. Could not believe what Pyramid Lake water did to his nice boat. He's got a lot of polishing to do.

When we pulled out all the fleas started to come out. From now until the end of fall, Folsom will not be fishing friendly on the weekends.

My son Parker with a small king
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2292/parkerfolsom032407kingsac5.jpg