PDA

View Full Version : Pine Flat 3-17-07 WOW!

Trolling Scotsman
03-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Wow what a day! Launched from Lake View at 7:00 am and shot over to the south end of windy gap. We trolled north along the east bank and started getting hits right off the bat. We fished about a half mile up and back all morning and we had two limits of bows in the chest by 10:30. All fish were between 12 and 14 inches. We got our limit so fast that we had to start releasing the rest. I caught and released one 12 inch King first thing in the morning. I had so many hits we couldn’t keep track. They really took a lot of bait off our hooks. We ran red and green Wedding Rings with night crawlers and corn on all three poles. We had flash-light flashers on two of the poles and a Dave Davis lake troll on the third one. We also rigged all three poles with EZ Troll weights and let out about 90 feet of line. Boy, what a great time. Hope to have a few more days like this at Pine Flat before I head up to Shaver for the summer.

Happy Fishing, Jim

camotracker
03-17-2007, 03:10 PM
right on. must had a great day on the lake. one question. where's the pics ;)

fishnfool2
03-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Great job Jim ! Sounds like you landed right on top of last week's
plants. Last saterday went off red hot in the afternoon also. Big one
came in at 18 inches. I will be out there tommorro to give em hell.
Wish me luck !!!
FISHNFOOL

Martinez Frank
03-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Pine Flat is pretty hot right now. Thanks for the report TS. Sounds like we should have had the minifest in March ;)

ODDIE
03-17-2007, 10:52 PM
Glad you had a good day. Thanks for the report.

ODDIE

Jeff_Mott
03-18-2007, 08:33 AM
Way to go! I was hoping I'd see a post from you since I saw you driving North on Academy at about 11:50 AM yesterday. I figured since you were coming home early that you had a good day fishing.

zinger
03-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Nice job Jim! I figured you went to Pine Flat, I saw you driving west on Herndon yesterday on my way to my bro's baseball game. I tried to pull up next to you but you ended up turning onto Willow.

fishon_chris
03-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Great Job Jim nicely done.

Chris :)

JoeTech
03-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Jim - Glad you got into some fish. Keep the reports coming.

atavuss
03-18-2007, 05:46 PM
how far is Pine flat from Fresno? It takes me 2 hours just to get to Fresno............... :(

BigRichClovis
03-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Jim,

I am glad to hear that you had a great day fishing and the fishing is picking up at Pine Flat. I have been way to busy for this time of the year. I will be fishing very soon. I hope to camp and fish Pine Flat the last weekend in March and the first week of April or I will be heading North or somewhere.

I have not been fishing since the mini fest. For you that do not know my wife is pregnant and things have slowed for me just a little and also because of track season. Everything is going really well and it is about that time to get out and do some fishing. My wife can not wait to get out on the boat. This is a good thing because that means I have the green light. I should be fishing the Kokanee Power tournanment and camping out Friday thru that Sunday. I hope see everyone real soon.

Rich

bretmoua
03-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Atavuss,
Pine Flat is east of Fresno. It usually takes me 30 mins to an hour depending on how I drive and the traffic. Not sure how many miles though. Hope that helps.

bretmoua
03-18-2007, 11:20 PM
trollinscotsman, I feel dumb but can you show a picture of all the stuff you were using. I don't think I've heard of such things before. I'm not used to trolling and I thought I might give it a shot one of these days when I get the chance to fish at Pine Flat again.