PDA

View Full Version : Melones 3/14

Oxbow
03-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Hitched a nice ride with Snoose today on his very comfy boat, glad the weather was nice because the catching wasn't. Got 2 planters to the boat to release and 1 other hit without a hookeup and that was it for the action. It was a good day because it's always a pleasure with Snoose and we'll save those big bows for another day.

iron-man
03-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Oxbow, wasn't the fishing great, the sun and water spectacular, the boatride and company excellent, ah! but the catching leaves a bunch of terms that are not printable. Sorry to both of you. iron-man. Did he have any of his favorite friut aboard?

motherlodefishn
03-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Glad to hear you got out. Was it windy over there? It's a little gusty here at work.

Regards,
MLF

snoose
03-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Ironman, I always have nanners [smiley=banana2.gif] [smiley=banana2.gif]. Had em the other day when we nailed em also.
Mlf, the wind was calm to just a breeze.
Larry looks good.
Snoose

tortuga
03-14-2007, 04:23 PM
I just wish I could have heard the conversation on that boat. I bet I coulda learned a few things...probably some words I've never heard before! That makes it official...THE BITE IS SLOW AT MELONES right now. If Snoose and Oxbow were on the boat together and didn't catch a bunch of fish it's just not happening. Might as well just take the sunscreen and leave the fishing gear at home.
Tortuga

snoose
03-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Never give up , Izonker and I shall be there at "Crack O dawn" Sunday

tortuga
03-14-2007, 04:34 PM
Never, I'm not leaving MY gear at home...I'm just telling everyone one else to leave theirs at home. lol
Tortuga
[smiley=fishing5.gif]

Ironhead
03-14-2007, 07:27 PM
I guess just another gallant effort from the dynamic duo. I assume they just can not be caught right now. Thanks for the report guys.

I figured there would have to be some breeze with all the talking going on .

Ironhead

izonker-aoc
03-14-2007, 07:54 PM
Never give up , Izonker and I shall be there at "Crack O dawn" Sunday
Yes. and I will be bringing the lucky #2 brown trout needlefish , some restrung wedding rings , and my ugly bald deckhand charm!(maybe a hat, some sunscreen, and lunch too)

froggie
03-14-2007, 08:46 PM
Hey you guys, Remember...even I din't have a great "catching" day out there on Sat last. We did manage to catch some dinks, but that' all.

Snoose & Oxbow,
Did either of you by any chance try my "lucky setup"? Wedding ring with a bit of crawler??? That' really been the only consistent rig I've had for the last few weeks???? [smiley=bananasplits.gif] [smiley=bananasplits.gif]
Froggie [smiley=elmo.gif]

Viking
03-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Hey Guys,

Even the best can't catch fish that aren't there. If you have noticed, all of the foothill lakes are going through the same pattern. My speculation is that the larger fish have gone upstream for food/spawning/oxygenated water and have not returned due to lack of flows into the lakes. That has been somewhat confirmed by locals above PF on the Kings River. My son was up there scouting for fly fishing waters and locals told him the fish were upstream in the Kings Canyon. Lake inflows are still very low and they are actually discharging a little water from NM, Don Pedro, PF, etc. to meet electric generation demand.

I think that if we get some good inflows coming in, we will see the bigger fish returning and catching picking up. Just my thoughts for what they are worth.

Viking

Farrier_Frank
03-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Good insight, Viking. That's probably true for a number of lakes up here.

tortuga
03-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah I'm not even sounding them on my fishfinder. Just keep saying KOKANEE KOKANEE KOKANEE
Tortuga
[smiley=fishing1.gif]