PDA

View Full Version : Camanche 3-8: A so-so day.

FishWisher
03-08-2007, 07:52 PM
We couldn't bear living with the Camanche skunk of Tuesday, so Willie and I hit the lake again today and did a bit better: One fish on the surface.

But she was a beauty, she weighed in at 3 3/4 Lbs. She took a BB trout pattern Rapala about 3" long, don't know the model. We tried a lot of other lures and depths. Nada. She hit in the open lake somewhere between the damm and Big Hat.

I haven't read any good reports about Camanche for a few days, maybe it is as slow as we've thought the last two trips this week. Today the wind was flat calm all day.

Saw only one other boat trolling today. Saw mostly bass boats.

Photo on my homepage, WWW.FishWisher.com then click on latest.

Dale

fishnmike2002
03-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Nice fish Dale! Persistance paid off. If we would ever get a bit of wind it would be a bunch better.

FishnMike

smallfry
03-09-2007, 11:40 AM
If we would ever get a bit of wind it would be a bunch better.

Fishnmike,

I can think of a couple reasons why the wind would help but I'd be guessing. How does the wind help in your opinion?

fishnmike2002
03-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Basicly it just breaks up the surface so the light penetration isn't so strong and it just makes for a noiser environment so the fish aren't so skiddish. In really clear lakes, wind is key.

FishnMike

smallfry
03-09-2007, 12:22 PM
I hope its windy tomorrow!

waterdog
03-09-2007, 01:38 PM
From my experience at Camanche the wind seems to help a little this time of year when the trout feed close to the surface. I am not sure why but fishnmike may well be correct in his hypothesis. As it heats up and they go deeper I don't think it makes a difference if its windy or calm.

Tomorrow is suppose to be a very nice day at camanche but with mild winds predicted at 8mph. I'll be launching at the South Shore about 7:30am and throwin everything in my tackle box at them. Going to topline and run the dr's at varing depths between 5 and 20'.
Even though I will be going to various lure/dodger/scent combo's looking for the hot combo I have always caught (well almost always) trout there (some times only one trout) using Sep's micro mini flashers and a firetiger needle fish along with my secrete scent.
Tightlines. See ya on the water.
Waterdog :)

fishingrick57
03-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Its funny you guys are saying the wind helps because I was out there on 3/3 and fished from the shore. The only time they would bight was when the wind was chopping the water. It was really wierd and I didnt realize that that was the factor. I didnt have that bad of a day-- 5 trout -- 3 from 3-4lbs and two small ones on a panther martin. All of the fish were caught from 10-15 feet from shore. Also got a nice fat spotted on a floating crawler. Not a bad day in my opinion...