PDA

View Full Version : Pardee 2-12

JPFX
02-13-2007, 08:41 AM
After reading all the stuff about this place, I decided to take a trip there with the boat. I was very impressed with the nice, clean apperance of the whole place once I entered the gate. I trolled 2 rods, both with orange grubs out 100' or so. I was one the water from about 8 - 12. I caught 4 fish, almost had 5 but it broke free as the net was going in the water. :-/ All fish were 18-19" and FAT! A great day at a great lake. I checked out Amador on the way back... :'( :-[...not pretty. Muddy water, lots of debris...

AllFishNoWork
02-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Nice job JPFX, that may be the best report from Pardee yet this early season. What part of the lake did you troll?

JPFX
02-13-2007, 10:53 AM
I kept it simple. I just went right down the middle of the lake. The boats I saw were hugging the shore line, but from what I found, the fish were on top all over the lake. The banks anglers were nailing 'em too. I saw some monsters being cleaned at the cleaning station, all caught from the bank. The bank was packed with people....at least 75-100 my guess.

troutfan
02-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the report JPFX. Sounds like a great day on the water.

HeyNiceFish
02-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Good Job JPFX and thanks for the updated report. I will be going out there this weekend and try my luck out there. Did you add any weight with the grubs? Use any other lures?

derrickrosare
02-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Nice catch JP! Hopefully I can make it to Pardee soon!!!!

Derrick

atavuss
02-13-2007, 06:46 PM
we were at Pardee on the 12th also. ran up the river arm about halfway and anchored off to the side. my buddy showed up in his Gregor so he tied to my Gregor. none of us caught anything, tried the same thing we used last week that got us 4 fat rainbows but no luck this time. oh well, beautiful day on the water, nice weather, it was about 65 degrees, water was clear except back towards the log boom where it was a bit muddy. water temp was around 50 degrees.
saw several nice fish pulled in by bankers next to the ramp when we launched.

bob80
02-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Hi JPFX,
I have never trolled before. Tried trolling with a spoon 100' while rowing on a 12' porta-bote. The spoon was always on the surface. Did not have any weights...just the lure at the end of a 4lb line. What is your trolling setup with the grubs? and what are some common set-ups for trolling for trout?

Thanks,
bob80