PDA

View Full Version : Quarry lakes 01/13/07

bub1931
01-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Well decided at the last minute to try this lake for the first time. Didnt leave SJ until 10:45:00am. Wasnt going to go, but change my mind. Got there and was fishing around 11:30. Neat little lake. Try my best to catch some fish but to no avail. Didnt really see anyone around catching a whole lot either.

I tried 3 different color power eggs (Yellow, Orange, and pink w/glitter), also tried green powerbait. *Not even a hit. I did manager to see a guy catch a real nice (Est.4#) trout on fly rod. That was his only fish. Was a bit cold, not real windy though.

Think I will have to give this place another go, another day, maybe get there a little earlier next time.

Earlyo
01-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Was there Friday and it was windy as hell! That and the cold weather brought the temp down. Only a couple of guys near the dock caught a couple of trout but nice sized ones they were. They said they were using power eggs. I didn't get a single bit for the three hours that i was there.

office_pirate79
01-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah...the Quarries are rough. I went along for the maiden voyage on my gf's dad's new boat yesterday and only got two. We were SURE that we'd break the skunk from the last two times we were there since we had the fishfinder as well, but it just wasn't happening for us. We marked fish all over the damn place...trolled Kastmasters, Thomas Buoyant, threw some PB and Power Worm/Egg combo.

What cracked me up is that we thought the boat/fishfinder were going to be our saving grace and then I talked to this guy at the cleaning station who had a NICE limit. Of course, he got them shore...on PB and Power eggs. I can also say that we've gone there and absolutely KILLED 'em.