PDA

View Full Version : Where to go trolling?

BigRichClovis
01-02-2007, 04:48 PM
It seems that most lakes are slow right now. I am going fishing on Thursday and Saturday so I was wondering if I should try a new lake or go to Pine Flat. I was thinking maybe McClure on Thursday but I have never fished there before. What lake do you guys think is the best bet right now? My vacation is almost over so I want to get all the fishing in that I can.

Rich

iron-man
01-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Rich, was at Mc Clure yesterday. Spent part of the day upriver from Horseshoe Bend . Mostly small fish 10-12 inches, one 2 lber. If you use small flashers and nightcrawlers in the top 10-15ft of water should be a cinch We were trying other things for bigger fish to no avail. Could get nasty weather wise with this front moving in. good luck. iron-man

minimankin
01-02-2007, 05:44 PM
give eastman a shot if you are looking for something other than pine flat..... had fairly good results there sunday in the top 25 ft.....

Ironhead
01-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Rich,

With the luck I have been having, go the complete opposite direction I am going.

Ironhead

trackertundra
01-02-2007, 10:04 PM
AMADOR

Athlete24
01-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Melones has been getting hot trolling also.

froggie
01-03-2007, 12:33 PM
I think the full moon & the wierd weather have slowed things down at Melones [smiley=sad.gif]
Froggie [smiley=gorgeous.gif]

BigRichClovis
01-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Last week I did a two day trip to Melones. I am looking to go some where else. I love Melones but no worth the drive right now.

JoeTech
01-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Rich - I would have to say McClure on Thursday, if the storm hasn't hit it should be pretty hot right before the storm hits. But to tell you the truth I think all areas are about the same, not one place is producing large fish on a consistent bases. Keep us posted on where and how you do.

stressless
01-03-2007, 06:23 PM
I trolled malones on Sunday the 31st and had alot of short strikes. I was using a gold and red spotted needlefish with a worm stuck in the middle so it would flutter and the fish were beating us up. We finally put a stinger hook about one inch off the main hook with a 1\8 split shot about two feet above the lure and tore them up. angels cove at about .8 miles per hour. Thirty yards of line behind the boat. Great day, Nothing huge but nice pound and a half to two pounds. :) Going back saturday again. Good luck,
Stressless

tahoeduke
01-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Camanche

Got double limits this weekend 18--24 inch cut bows (I catch & Release) 3 days in a row with grubs.

TahoeDuke