PDA

View Full Version : Eastman 12/31

minimankin
01-02-2007, 09:01 AM
fished eastman on sunday for about 4 hours. picked up one good sized right under the bridge by the dam then nothing for about an hour. moved over to the bouy line and just about to the opposite shore found some fish.... ended up with about 10-11 by the time we were off the lake

mtalley
01-02-2007, 09:06 AM
Any size to them? *I was thinking of trying Hensley for a couple hours.

bretmoua
01-02-2007, 10:52 AM
This is an off-topic question.....were there any geese out there?
I'm still trying to shoot my first goose before the season is over.

minimankin
01-02-2007, 05:42 PM
nothing smaller than 15 inches and the biggest was about 17.5 or so.... cant wait till it really kicks in there because its almost like a secret spot for trout... i very rarely se anybody else trolling.... as for the geese i did see two pretty good flocks of them.... i noticed that they had shooting signs... do they have some sort of game preserve out there?? if so what are the restrictions.... i happened to notice a few good size buck tracks leading down to one of the banks ;D

JoeTech
01-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Bret - I didn't know you could hunt on eastman, If you want to shoot some geece you need to go up north...the sac valley. Most of the geese are down in the sac area now...the rice fields.

bretmoua
01-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the great info Joe, but Sac is almost a 3 hours drive up north. I'm looking for a place closer to home.
During the months of February and March, I usually see a lot of geese at Eastman. But the bad thing is that during that time, the hunting season is close. It's almost like the geese can sense when danger is approaching LOL. 8-)