PDA

View Full Version : pyramid 26" 12/31

fernley_tim
12-31-2006, 04:15 PM
fished the south end again pretty slow 4 fish in about 4 hours caught a nice 26" on a crome and floresent green flat fish down 20' dock at popcorn is much worse shape than last week becareful ;) http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4715/1000638yd1.jpg

Mickey_Thomas
12-31-2006, 04:21 PM
Good catch ft, is that a frozen pond behind you or what ;D What was the water temp today? many boats out there?

fernley_tim
12-31-2006, 04:30 PM
mickey there were about 15 boats on the south end thats alot for popcorn. we leave the waterfall on the pond going year long so we dont have to keep melting a whole for the koi ;) water temp today was 44 degrees.

fernley_tim
12-31-2006, 04:43 PM
here is a picture of our gradaughter zoe to make the fish look bigger ;D http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/300/1000640ld4.jpg

SneakAttack
12-31-2006, 04:53 PM
Great comparison Tim! Beautiful fish, and grand-daughter too!

Topaz_Tom
12-31-2006, 07:20 PM
Hi Tim, Congrats on the 26"er, we were there today and had pretty much the same luck fishing near Warriors and zipped across over by the Pyramid minus the 26"er. *We had a great time anyway and are hooked on Pyramid again. *What a beautiful day!! *Here's a couple of pics from today. *Tom * [smiley=angling.gif]

http://home.pyramid.net/hardhar/pyramid.jpg

http://home.pyramid.net/hardhar/pole.jpg

fernley_tim
12-31-2006, 08:22 PM
lake sure was flat today tom :) fish were a little lure shy today compared to the last few weeks ;) I saw alot fish in the 20' to 50' range but it took alot to entice the bite :-/ I even jigged for a while with terri jigs for nada :'( a friend is comming up tuesday ill give it another try, I fish pyramid once a week, so I take the good with the bad ;) and any winter day with no wind is my pal. P.S. Tom have you fished walker latley?

fish_junky
12-31-2006, 08:36 PM
Nice fish FT, Looks like a nice day on Pyramid.

fernley_tim
12-31-2006, 08:46 PM
forgot to mention :-[ a man grab my bow rope while I launched at popcorn since I was by myself he also did the same for the boat before me who was also by himself :) when I got back to the dock after parking my truck we talked a little bit and he saw the stars on my boat he informed me that he was the late great bite me 2's father inlaw what a great guy :) I gave him my phone number and were going to hook up in the future to do some fishing :) helping other people must run in the family or extended family ;)

Topaz_Tom
12-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Tim, I talked to someone who went out to Walker a week ago and it was pretty slow. It's a lot closer for us 1 hour verses 2 hours to Pyramid. There's just something about Pyramid that makes me wanna go back. Tom [smiley=angling.gif]

Mr_Ed
12-31-2006, 09:31 PM
F Tim;

I am a retired constructon worker............

Can that dock be repaired with 2x6's and screws/bolts?

Being a Ironworker, I have lots of tie wire , to attach the wood to
the dock if needed........

I want to try it this year, might as well try to make it safer.

What do you think ?

fernley_tim
12-31-2006, 11:16 PM
ed yes it can repaired I have fixed the dock many times in the past the problem now is not a simple fix .looks like the water came up about a foot in the last week and in the center of the dock looksl ike someone fell through :o in the past like you ,I have a construction background can I make the ramp sound answer yeS!!! this dock neeeds to be pulled out and refitted stringers and deck boards if I could get permission to fix the dock I would ;) all e- mails sent to the tribe in the past have come with out a answer :-/ the problem with docks like this is not the work requiered its the tribe and and gov. thats involved. Me or you couild make a brake water and have a floating boat ramp in a month with no engeneering degree also with a break water installed will this simple plan be an reality no! do I love fishing pyramid yes ;) In the past all I did was replace a couple of boards with a screw gun now I dont no what to do with out the tribes permmission. any sugggestions will be welcomed ;) happy NEW YEAR ED AND ALL THE SNIFFERS IM GOING TO THE SILVERADO FOR NEW YEARS BYE :o

Benfishing
01-01-2007, 07:47 AM
Tim, that's nice of you to want to fix the dock. I wish the people responsible for it cared as much as you do.
I haven't started my boat in 3 months and I plan on doing so today at Pyramid. I need to burn off some gas before it sours. In my experience the December and January full moons really turn off the bite, but since I'll be out there anyway, I'll buy the daily to fish.
Congrats on your 26"er.

Jwood
01-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Nice fish Tim! I will be up in 10 days and will give you a call before we come up. What if someone carried a couple of planks to put down over the bad spots, then pick up, or is the dock so far shot that the planks would not help? Have never fished out of pop corn but if you have time when we are up maybe we can hook up. Now all I need is a few days without high winds. Happy New Year to ALL. :)

Set_The_Hook
01-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Topaz Tom,
Were you on the news the other day talking with John Tyson up at Tahoe? I thought I recognized your boat from your profile.
STH
OBTW
Do any good up there? (if it was you)

Topaz_Tom
01-01-2007, 01:59 PM
STH, Yes that was me on John Tysons journal, he was doing a story on the first day of winter and we happened to come into the dock as he was filming. The thing that would have been great is if we had a Big Mac to show off, but we got skunked that day. Tom [smiley=angling.gif]

okie
01-02-2007, 04:03 PM
tim, i called but your out fishing again today, how was it today. are you going tomorrow, the 3rd?
okie

lunkers
01-02-2007, 07:58 PM
THat some nice fish

Know_Excuses
01-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Nice fish guys, I resized the pics for you.Nice pond Tim!!

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4504/1000638yd11customwh3.jpg

http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/6725/pyramid1customzv4.jpg

fishing_buddy
01-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Chick and me went out 1/1/07 at popcorn. pretty slow caught 4 on the day with Sting king E chip Army truck. Chick caught a nice 22"er. The dock is in sad shape :( The Tribe could use some motivation and fix the dock since they raised the price of fishing out there ;)