PDA

View Full Version : Melones 27th-28th

BigRichClovis
12-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Well went to Melones for two days of fishing. Wednesday was a wet one. It rain off and on all day, sometimes pretty good. We saw only one other boat out there. A big lake for just two boats. We launched at Angels Cove and started trolling. We only had a few hits on wedding rings. We picked up the lines and headed towards Coyote Creek. Trolled up with a couple of hits. I started trolling rolled shad (thanxs Ironhead) one of the guys was using leadcore and had a snag so I brought my line in real slow and had a nice trout follow right to the boat but no hit. Let my line back out trolled maybe a 100 yards and had a large Kokanee take down the rolled shad. I let it go it was about dead from the spawn. We went back to Angels creek to pick up one small Rainbow on a hot pink Sockeye slammer.

Thursday up early and very cold at the hotel in Angels Camp. We get to the lake it is still dark and windy. Launch at Angels and start trolling north side of the cove a few hits real early on wedding rings. We landed on small dink. The wind was blowing hard so we pulled up lines and tried to find a cove with less wind. Cross the lake which was fun with the white caps. Fished for about one hour with nothing. We Pulled up lines headed towards the dam and the rock wall before the dam. Pick up a nice Rainbow around 15-16 inches on a Apex with crawler. So everyone switch over to different colors of Apexs and started catching fish. We landed 5 and lost a few others.

I saw Zinger and his dad, Ironhead and son, but no JoeTech. Zinger was getting good use out his new toy (radio). All in all two hard fishing days with little success, but two great days on the water with great friends and great memories that will last a lifetime.

I hope to see everyone at the mini fest "Pine Flat". I am getting my new color finder/gps combo installed today. I hope to have it dialed in before the mini fest.

See you on the water!
Rich

fishon_chris
12-29-2006, 01:52 PM
Sounds Like the fishing was not the greatest.I am still jelous because I had to work.I would like to hit that lake but too far for the day trip.

Rich what was the name of the hotel in Angels Camp.I think one of the weekends in the future I might go there if I had a place to stay.How far is the lanch ramp from the hotel.Any info I would gladly appreate.

Chris :)

BigRichClovis
12-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Fishon Chris

I stayed at Angel's Inn for 79.00 two queen beds also good boat parking right by my room. It was 10 min from glory hole sports.

Rich

Ironhead
12-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Rich,

I was wondering about Wednesday when it was pouring down rain outside my office. Glad the shad rigs worked. Thursday was windy to start and them calmed down. We hid in Carson Cove to start with and then spread ourselves around the lake. Same luck, just small fish all day long. Only had to keep one, (bleeding) all other released.

Ironhead

tortuga
12-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Way to hang in there. Its starting to get better.
Tortuga