PDA

View Full Version : Del Valle action?

xcybertrek
12-27-2006, 07:10 AM
Thinkin about heading out to Del Valle to do battle w/ Trout. I will be bankin' it up. I read an old post that Del Valle was doing we in November. With the rain last night who knows? From any of your experiences does Del Valle get muddied up??? How's the fishin' out there lately? Might be out there Thursday if the wind and rain go away.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

hvykvy
12-27-2006, 07:27 AM
ya the fishing was really good the past few days in the narrows but with this rain it probly got preety muddy but when del valle gets muddy it is still good. I usually do better when it is kinda muddy wich is kinda strange lol and it has been preety windy out here in livermore but good luck

xcybertrek
12-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Hvykvy,

Thanks for the reply. That's what I heard bout Del Valle. The mud may kick the bite better. The wind really throws me off though. It's alright, I'll probably check it out tomorrow. How far are the narrows by foot from the launching area?

The_FNG
12-27-2006, 10:50 AM
xcybertrek, walk around the small cove to the right of the boat launch. Once, you hit the point (where the Narrows begin), walk about 20 feet in and you should be at my fav. spot. You can fish that little cove too, as it does very well. However, when it gets crowded, everyone starts casting over your line.

xcybertrek
12-27-2006, 11:33 AM
THanks FNG ...

I might go in my pontoon tomorrow if the wind settles down or back it. Yo FNG do you know if the area between the marina and the swimming area is good?

hvykvy
12-27-2006, 11:46 AM
the narrows arent very far bye foot the area by the marina and the swim area is really good somtime there are alot of stripers in that area and in the narrows

xcybertrek
12-27-2006, 12:49 PM
HvyKVy,

Stripers in that area. Interesting. Ever catch a striper on the bank? If so, how? I'm sure that they gorge themselves on those trout all day and night.

The_FNG
12-27-2006, 04:10 PM
The area between the marina and swimming area usually does well. However, with the lake being let out so much over the past month, it's muddy as heck. There's about a 50 yard stretch of mud that would make your foot sink. The little cove or the narrows are the best right now

hvykvy
12-27-2006, 04:39 PM
ya del valle is getting over populating with stripers ya shore fishing with anchovies are good for stripers

atavuss
12-27-2006, 05:52 PM
I was at Del Valle last friday and nailed 2 chunky 2 or 3 lb bass just past the narrows next to the rock cliff, I was using kastmasters and trying for trout, the bass startled me as I was not expecting such a hard hit and great fight.

xcybertrek
12-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Wow,

What I would do for a 3 pole stamp!!!

xcybertrek
12-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Is the ranger pretty prompt on opening the gates on time? What time do they open the gates 7 am?

Thanks for all the info.!

hvykvy
12-27-2006, 07:38 PM
the gates open at 6 they are there every time i go at 6 on the dot

atavuss
12-27-2006, 08:10 PM
winter hours are in effect now, they open at 7, I have fished every weekend there for the last month and they have opened promptly right at 7

hvykvy
12-27-2006, 08:22 PM
o ya sorry i frogot about the winter hours they open at 7

John_heyd
12-28-2006, 08:48 AM
I haven't fished for stripers in years - is it still the rule that land locked stripers of any size can be kept? :-/

keysersoze
12-28-2006, 08:53 AM
I haven't fished for stripers in years - is it still the rule that land locked stripers of any size can be kept? :-/

18 inches or $165
i think that's correct.
some guy asked for a measuring tape because last time he bought a 17.75 incher for $165.

xcybertrek
12-28-2006, 07:50 PM
I owe you guys a report.

Got to the water at 735am. The launch area was packed w/ anglers. Heard a guy caught a 5.9 lber right next to the laucnh ramp. Walked a bit towards the narrows until I found a spot. Soaked yellow / white / green PB and nothin happened. Got 2 bites but nothing slammed the poles. They were finicky bites. Talked to some other bankers and they told me the action was RED HOT two weeks ago. The lake was slow. Saw the dump trunks bringing in some left over x-mas trees to be dumped in the lake. All in all a slow day. Saw an undersized striper caught on liver. Saw a Bald eagle catch a trout. I left at 1:00pm w/ nada.

bobcatken
12-28-2006, 08:03 PM
I was also banking it at Del Valle today. *I got there a little after 7:30. *The launch area was packed so I hiked out towards the Narrows area. *I fished near this small sandy "island". *Some fellas had waded out there and they were catching trout. *I was disgusted with my lack of action so I hiked out past the Verdanos picnic area. *I had one LDR and nothing else. *I left after an hour because it was really windy out there. *I fished 3 different spots on my way back but didn't get anything. *Ended up fishing an hour by the boat launch area with nothing and left after 4 pm. *Most anglers I talked with said it was a slow day for them.

xcybertrek
12-28-2006, 08:12 PM
It was just a slow day for everybody. I'm not upset. That's fishin'. Now, I would be upset if the guy to my left was landing them and the guy to my right as well. Today, was not the case at Del Valle. Just need some good weather and the trout should be back on a terror. Heard they were knockin' em dead 2 weeks ago. The trout will be back and so will I.

Thanks for the report Bob.