PDA

View Full Version : Pine Flat Wednesday...REPORT

zinger
12-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Will be at Pine Flat Wednesday with the grandpa, probably launching at Lombardos (Lakeview). Just got a new VHF radio today so will be monitoring 68 and 69...those are the sniffer channels right?

BigRichClovis
12-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Zinger,

Those are the right channels. I will be going to Melones Wednesday thru Thursday. I will hit Pine Flat on Saturday. Good luck let me know how you did. I spent sometime with Ironhead this morning. He sure knows alot and is a great guy. I hope I can catch some nice fish at Melones.

Rich

fishon_chris
12-26-2006, 07:22 AM
Zinger so Santa brought you a new VHF Hand held Radio.Wish I could go but I have to work.I wish i was still in high school like you so I could go fishing on all thoes Vacation Days they give you guys off.When I was in school we only got off two weeks now they give you guys three weeks.
Have fun and let us know how the bite was.

Chris :)

zinger
12-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Rich,

I will be at Melones on Thursday as well. Hopefully we see you out there.

JoeTech
12-26-2006, 07:38 PM
Sorry I just got back from McClure and I need some rest, but i wil be at melones on thursday as well. Good Luck

zinger
12-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Well guys...tough day. Grandpa and I got to Lakeview at 6:15, dark and POURING down rain. Took cover in the truck til things slowed down a little and at 6:30 we decided we may as well fish. Like I said earlier, today was an "experimental" day, so we shot across the lake and started jigging a steep rock wall. On my first cast, I land a nice 2 lb spotted bass on a black 1/32 oz jig with a minnow. That thing fought great on my 5' UL spinning rod. Moved to another rocky ledge turning the corner to windy gap...nothing...rain worsened. We were tired of getting poured on so we put away the jigs and each threw out a topline while we made our way back to the launch. Grandpa picked up a 13" native on a watermelon apex in the process. Off the water at 10:00, cold and wet. Surface temp ran about 57. Will be back next week with him, but up in the creek arms around trimmer, and hopefully with some better weather. Off to Melones with dad in the morning.

BTW, I didn't exactly get to test my new VHF radio...not a single boat on the main lake, but I'm sure there'll be some chatter at Melones tomorrow ;D

zinger
12-27-2006, 12:26 PM
I forgot to mention...for all of you Fresno area guys...Doyal's does have frozen shad, doesn't look very high quality though. I'll see how it turns out after curing overnight.

fishon_chris
12-27-2006, 12:30 PM
I was wondering if you got out this morning.Man it was pooring this morning.Well at least you got out with your grand father. :)

Have fun at NM tomarrow.

Hopefully the weather did not mess the fishing up.

Chris :)

P.S. the mini snifferfest at pine Flat is going to be fun,lets just hope the weather holds up dry for that day. :-?

Ironhead
12-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Great job Zinger. You are becoming a real die hard. You keep taking Bruce out in this bad weather he is not going to go with you any more. I was thinking how dry it was in my office. I bet we have wind tomorrow at NM, so you better come up with a plan.

Ironhead

zinger
12-27-2006, 01:40 PM
Ironhead,

I know, this fishing has really got a hold of me. That's the only reason I can think of that would make me wanna go brave that nasty weather today. It seems like I always take Bruce out at the wrong time, hope he doesn't quit on me. Maybe a trip in your boat will make up for it. If the wind gets bad tomorrow I guess I could find cover upriver in the creek arms, like Coyote Creek or something. I'm not sure...you know the lake better than I do, any suggestions?

JoeTech
12-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Zinger - Glad you had a chance to get out. Hopefully tomorrow the weather will cooperate with us. Look forward to seeing you all out there tomorrow at melones.

Joetech