PDA

View Full Version : PineFlat Saturday 12/23

JoeTech
12-23-2006, 10:30 PM
On the water at about 730 and headed for the trimmer area...water temp mid 50's and marking lots of fish from 30 to 50. Had one rigger down at 40 and the other down at 20 and my dad toplining. The weather was great, but it didnt help my fishing...only caught 6 fish...(1) nice 17inch bow, a bass, some smaller bows and one king. I did see 3 large bass jump about 100 feet in front of the boat...must of been at least 10lbs. Fished from trimmer to a little pass big creek... all in all very nice trip with my pops.

Joetech

Ironhead
12-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Great report Joe. At least you had some action and got out on the lake with dad. What depth did you catch the nice bow at? The fish at PF still seem scattered to me. Did you see any bait on the surface up river?

Ironhead

BigRichClovis
12-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Joe,

At least you were able to get out yesterday and spend time with the old man. I was out spending money on the boat and getting ready for Melones. If you saw some fish jump in Trimmer I think those are Carp. The bass are all 40-60 ft right now. What did you catch your fish on? I think the bait is starting to come together. Last week my dad and saw tons of birds on the water but they were not eating and I could not find any bait balls. Have a good Christmas. I hope to see everyone on the water soon.

Rich

JoeTech
12-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Ironhead - I caught it on a red/gold humdinger on the surface. I did see some birds come down and catch some shad on the surface near the bank, I tried trolling through them but no bites.

Rich - Most of the fish came on the red/gold humdinger and a couple on a shad colored cripplure. I did find what appeared to be bait balls at about 40 feet, and all around the ball was tons of fish...they were probably bass, because thats about the depth that I caught the bass.

haarhouse
12-24-2006, 12:13 PM
do you know how the boat ramp is at trimmer?

Ironhead
12-24-2006, 12:27 PM
do you know how the boat ramp is at trimmer?

The ramp was fine about a week ago when I was up there. There are no problems at trimmer except when the lake is full.

Ironhead

zinger
12-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Good report Joe. Sounds like some of the btter fish are starting to show up. I'm planning on going there wednesday to do some "experimental" fishing with the grandpa.

fishon_chris
12-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Joe we got to the lake at 900am to 230pm.We fish mostly below the powerlines.Good to get out on the last trip of 2006

Chris :)