PDA

View Full Version : Comanche Trout!

Kid_Gambit
12-14-2006, 10:38 AM
I was out on the lake last Monday. Weather was good and the fishing was great! Trolling on top produced 9 nice fish in the 5 to 2 lb. range and one nice spotted bass! Lost two more at the boat with about 6 short strikes. Copepods were not to bad with most of the fish being clean and full of fight! Best part was breaking in a new pole, which I built this summer, on a 4 lb'er! ;D Talk about satisfying!!
Glad to be on the board! KOF.........KG

LD
12-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the report, and congrats on breaking in you new rod. 8-)
I was thinking of going there the next time out.
What area were you fishing, and what worked best for you?
Thanks again, and welcome!
lite drag

Kid_Gambit
12-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Hey LD!
Three of us in the boat, and we had four rods out. Two on downriggers about 10 ft deep and two top liner's at about 5 ft. Dodgers with a worm trailer worked well, also got a few on a rapalla. They are spread out, feeding on top with the cold water conditions. Fish finder really helped! KG

LD
12-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Thanks!
I sure like that lake, and plan on fishing it more real soon.
LD

wackyd
12-14-2006, 03:31 PM
Went out there yesterday by myself had a lot of action kept five caught eight all on a sling-blade and an orange 3" grub along the north bank off big hat.Those lassen trout sure are some nice planters fat full of fight and taste good.Good luck.

Doubleheader
12-14-2006, 07:28 PM
Wacky D- you on top too? sounds like fun

Anyone going Sunday? I am planning so long as the weather holds. Reports appreciated.

wackyd
12-15-2006, 05:36 AM
It was funny i caught all my fish at 10 ft. I tried the surface and down to 10.I had 1 to 2 colors out on lead core and they never hit it all came on the downrigger at 10.Iam going stripper trolling at sandy beach this morning good luck on the trouts.

fishnmike2002
12-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Hey Double, I think my dad and I will be up there Sunday too. We'll be in my Gregor with a Yamaha on the back and my lab doing laps in the boat.

Fishnmike

fish_junky
12-15-2006, 09:02 AM
KG, Good report on my favorite trout lake. Looks like you guys had a great time out there. Thanks for the report.

Doubleheader
12-15-2006, 04:20 PM
yeah most of the time my downriggers seem to catch the most fish, even if they are only running at 10 foot. Will be in my grey Achilles with my Yamaha 8hp with stars on the sides if anyone is out there Sunday.