PDA

View Full Version : Camanche 12-2

kokemachine83
12-03-2006, 09:18 PM
Started around 6:30 am. Headed towards BIG hat island, with two rapala's. One back 120' and down 8' with a black/sliver F7. The other Orange/gold back 140' and down 12'. First fish on the black/silver. The next two fish on the Orange/gold. Then the last two fish on a chartreuse/silver rapala. The best scent was pro-cure Krill oil. Speed was right at 1.4 on the lurh jensen speed indicator. Finished at 2:30pm. Hooked 7 fish, landed 5. Really nice day on the water. Here are some pictures. The largest was 3.3 lbs. and the smallest was 2.0. A total for the 5 fish was just over 12 lbs. Four of the 5 fish were caught just going around the island. The single fish was caught in front of the darn. Until next weekend. Robbie (Koke Machine)...

My limit...
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/111106_Boat_Resize.jpg

Close up...
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/514/111106_Limits_Resize.jpg

hunkfisher
12-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Some good looking fish I might have to give Camanche a shot soon sounds like its getting good.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]

Munnster
12-04-2006, 06:21 AM
Good job Robbie. Camanche is on my list to fish real soon.

Fisher-Munn

Empire
12-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Those are real nice fish, good job!

Did the fish have copepods on them?

ifish4fun
12-04-2006, 08:50 AM
nice catch of fish! glad you go into them. were all repala's size F7?

fish_junky
12-04-2006, 09:18 AM
Nice fish Rob and great report. It looks like Camanche is turned on and doing well. I think I'll talk Mr P into going there instead of the delta Sunday. Thanks again for the report.

fishnmike2002
12-04-2006, 10:00 AM
Hey Rob,

Saw you out there, I was in the white Champion bass boat fishing by the spillway, we waved at each other. I sure saw some nice trout come up and roll during the day.

FishnMike

Bullet_Man
12-04-2006, 03:38 PM
A few fish with copepods are still being caught at Camanche. These are the hold-overs from last years plant. The warm summer water causes the "bugs" to grow on the trout. As the water cools, the bugs will die off. Mt. Lassen has been planting for the past month and some very nice 3-5 pound fish have been caught. I picked up a nice 7 pounder out of the pond a couple weeks ago.

Rich

kokemachine83
12-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Thanks all of you for wishing me well!! This is why i enjoy sharing info. It's because of folks like you. There's plenty of fish for all of us..
Empire, Yes one fish did have a few copepods on it but very few.
Ifish4fun, Yes all the rapala's were F7. with nothing in front of the lure.
Fishnmike2002, thanks for the wave. I did try over their for awhile but only got one in front of the darn. I caught the other 4 just going around and around and around the BIG island. Thanks again for the kind words. Robbie (Koke Machine)... :)

bpfishnon
12-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Would you have guessed stick the kokemachine in a room full of yoyos and its sends him into a murderous rampage of all species that swim. All fish make a run the other way the machine is back with a vengence. Hopefully the kokes turn on soon or the machine will catch all the bows. Maybe another meeting will set you off again. Promise we wont have another if I get invited soon. Good going bud, know when to say when...........to catching fish.........never when!

kokemachine83
12-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Hey bpfishnon, You are welcome on my ride any time. Thanks for the meeting, I really enjoyed it!!! When those peskie rainbows start up there at Melones we will go up there. Until next time, keep your rod pointing up and your drag loose!!! Robbie (Koke Machine)... :)

Fish_Bully
12-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Great job Robbie. Thanks for the detailed report.

LD
12-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Those sure are some nice looking fish!
Thanks for the report, I was going to go to Stumpy if it doesn't snow this weekend... If I don't... I do believe it is time to head south for sure.
Thanks,
LD

Stinger15
12-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Darn you Robbie, I was considering hanging it up for the year but Camanche is so close and my fish freezer is empty(almost) I have a slug of rapalas to try so I will report if anything similar takes place.

bpfishnon
12-06-2006, 06:03 PM
You Know what machine, if you continue to slay only the hefty ones you will have to upgrade the wimpy single axle and upgrade to the heavy duty double whammer....if only the non-typical mallards were flying that would really top the meeting off...till the next one... quack quack.... CCT for life!!!!