PDA

View Full Version : A Party at Pardee??? TR

Fish_Bully
10-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Well I went to Pardee. Fished Sun and Mon. Tough limits. I caught 4 fish each day and fished pretty darn hard. I would fish from sun-up until noon, take a 4-hour break and fish again until dark. Each day it was mostly slow but the action was quick when it did happen. I caught 2 fish at once Mon evening. 8-) All nice fish approx 14-18".

If it wasn't fishing it would have sucked....I say let the million dollar lake close for the year! >:( They charged me $2/day for my choclate lab by golly.

fishguts
10-25-2006, 12:43 PM
I have always contended they overcharge for undersized fish, especially the kokes. Which is why I only fished there once. I thought the facilities were dirty and under maintained at the time I was there. Hopefully that will change, but I don't fish there for those and a few other reasons.
I don't expect to catch fish on every trip out but I do expect some sort of value for the use of the facility. I just don't see it has any at this point when there are better places to fish with the same driving distance.

atavuss
10-25-2006, 04:58 PM
fish bully, was there any particular spot you caught the fish? I remember the river arm being loaded with fish as per the FF.

AllFishNoWork
10-25-2006, 06:21 PM
I guess I'm in the minority as for having a problem with Pardee.

The fish may be bigger and faster action at Amador, but the rest of the nonsense at/on that lake ruins the day for me. Camanche, for me at least, is pretty challenging to limit. I don't consider NM as alternative to Pardee because for me Melones usually consists of an overniter, but Melones is a far better deal dollar wise and based on recent reports is holding some good sized trout.

I have found the trout at Pardee to be bigger and better looking fish than the DFG planters found in many lakes. I also found the further you get from the marina, up river or south of the dam, the quality of fish(ing) greatly improves.

Kokanee is a far different story. It's been discussed on this board at other times how to improve that fishery and since I know zip about that I'll just say if I am looking for a quality kokanee fishery, Lake Pardee isn't it.

Fish_Bully
10-26-2006, 06:47 AM
I have fished Pardee for approx 20 years. It certainly used to be better and I think limits have become harder to come by in the last 5-6 years. They have recently changed ownership and IMHO this place has gone downhill. I have caught some trophy type fish there including a 5# brown, several rainbows in the 5# class, kokes (nothing like NM though), some HUGE bass, even my son has his picture in the marina with one of the biggest crappie caught. My biggest problem is how they charge you for every little thing. You pay to park, launch (even an inflatable is charged launching fees), fishing permit, and even $2/day for my coco lab buddy. I'll still continue to fish there each year when they first open and right before they close.

I fished both from boat and bank including the river arm, rock wall, dam, all the good spots.

fishguts
10-26-2006, 12:36 PM
What you are saying is correct. I don't mind paying my way but most places charge one fee to park or launch, not all these individual hidden fees. Trailer or no trailer, you still only take up one space. The charge for your dog is ridiculous especially when it is sitting in your boat all day. Now, if they let you keep a limit of fish for your dog then the charge is OK by me. What do they do with the "pet fee" anyway? I certainly don't note that they are out there scooping up the poop or is it for environmental mitigation? You know, the money used to "restore" the habitat due to damage from pets. Lets see, what damage would that be? Dog hair in my boat? Is there a designated pet area for your pets to roam off leash, paid for my the pet fee?
I certainly can understand most fees but some in my opinion are just ridiculous and are out the gouge the consumer. They are gouging and thats the biggest reason I won't go there. In my case the drive from where I live is pretty much the same to other lakes so I am not saving anyhing for gas etc. Of course the savings for me is simply not to fish Pardee.
Ok I've ranted enough so I think I will stop now.