PDA

View Full Version : Free Research Fishing Trips

StarrLab
09-16-2008, 02:31 PM
We are looking for volunteer fishermen to join us for a tag and release fishing trip out of Sausalito on the F/V Salty Lady on September 29th and 30th. If you are interested, please contact Noelle at 831.771.4479 or nyochum@mlml.calstate.edu.
Thank you!
Noelle Yochum
Moss Landing Marine Laboratories

Farrier_Frank
09-17-2008, 04:19 PM
I saw this thread heading to the cellar and thought I ought to speak up and say something before it disappears... especially since I've been out fishing with this team of Marine Biologists 3 times this year and enjoyed every minute I was on the water with them.... and we caught a lot of fish, too.

I just happened to be lucky one morning when this offer was first posted on "this" board back in June: I was having my morning cup of coffee and spotted it. And I jumped on it. I got a spot on one of the 4 scheduled July trips... and, already, when that boat was heading back in the channel, I knew I wanted to go back out with this crew again if I could.

I scored two more trips with them out of Monterey in August... I caught a lot of fish, learned even more, and had fun the whole time I was on the water.

I've only gone on the research trips out of Monterey so I have no idea what it's like out of Sausalito, but if it's even similar and I lived anywhere close to Sausalito I'd be making sure I got on board.

It's research. It's all C&R. It's definately worth the effort.... Best of all it's free. 8-)