PDA

View Full Version : Re: AMADOR REPORT 10/13/06

fishpeddler1
10-13-2006, 08:09 PM
hey natureboy. thanks for the report. too bad it was a bust. it drives me nuts when they give me the show but not the bite... i may head up sunday myself. look for the kayak with the peddling fool on board!

Troutcoach
10-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Give it a few weeks. Yeah, I hear ya on the fish acrobatics alongside of the boat. There are few things worse than being skunked and the whole time the fish are just showing off and making fun or you. :P

fishon_gethenet
10-13-2006, 09:39 PM
It's almost a guarantee that when the fish are jumping you will be skunked. Every single time I have had fish jumping around me I don't even get a bite. There was one exception however, we went strugeon fishing about a month ago and they were jumping all over the place. We actually caught a couple. Next time you're up at Amador take your net and scoop them bad boys into the boat.. :P

jiggity49
10-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Caught loads of trout while thay are jumping last year. When the fish don't want to bite I use a TINY piece of whatever bait I am using such as power bait and I mean TINY not even a ball just enough to cover the hook flatways, small splitshot and let the bait fall as slow as possible. once the bait hits bottom or stops drifting reel in and recast. 1/2 nightcrawler works good too with no weight nice slow drift down. Be ready because sometimes the bites are so soft almost undetectable, any movement at all of the line set the hook!

FisHiNg_LeGeNd
10-15-2006, 06:54 AM
I was out there yesterday got to the water about 7 and fished until 3 with no luck :( . I was fishing from the bank and the blue dock....The fish were jumping everywhere....Some little kid got lucky and had one jump out of the water and onto the dock right next to him but as he went to grab it it flopped back into the water...Ohwell i know in another 2-3 weeks you wont be able to keep them off of your hook. :)

CoorsLIGHT
10-15-2006, 10:21 AM
I was out there Sat the 14th. I was out there from 7am to 3:30. Landed two and snapped two off (due to the 4lb line I was using) and with 15 - 30 strikes :'(. The bite was very light and quick.

The secret I found yesterday was when you saw fish jumping or passing buy real very slow and stop let the hook drift back down the the end of the bobber and repeat. The only problem I had was I had 2 poles out so it was difficult to manage both rods.

It wasn't tell the end of my time out there that I figured out what was working. I was using a number 10 hook with a Brown Power worm with the most success. My second pole had Green PB and Fire Tiger rapellas (No action on the second Rod)

hunkfisher
10-15-2006, 11:42 AM
True story when the fish are in this mode you need light wieght with small bait and you'll knock em dead or at least i have, i think it needs a few more weeks still let the temps cool off a bit we ned some cooler nights in Ione to help the water stem off some of that heat in it, but anyways sounds promising i ll be up at the end of november and again and again in december, still need to catch some of these darn hen salmon, alls i get are bucks, oh well bait will be easy to come by soon. Lol keep the reports coming guys really appreciate it boys.

Brad "Hunkfisher"

[smiley=swimmingfish.gif]