PDA

View Full Version : Red Lake still hot

cgagex3
10-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Went to Red Lake this morning. Later start due to a power outage last night and no alarm. woke up at 5:30 instead of 4:30. On the lake in my pontoon at 8:30am and on the 4th cast a 16" cutthroat. Caught 7 fish by 11:45 when I had to get going. The 8th was a 16 to 18" that broke loose at my net on my way back to shore.
I took home one 16" & one 17" cutthroat with 2 brookies in the 13 - 14" range.
The 17" was a beautiful fish, I will try to post pics tomorrow.
I tried 3 or 4 different things but every fish I landed was caught on 3/8 oz. silver & blue Kastmaster with a white feather tail (which is almost gone now).
Went two weeks ago and caught 14 fish between 7:15 and 12:15.
Only about a month or so left before it starts to get tough to get over the hill so I plan on going up every chance I get.

GCinGV
10-09-2006, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the report. Sounds like those Cuts are getting a little bigger.
GC

atavuss
10-09-2006, 04:08 PM
is it still possible to launch a small aluminum boat at Red lakes on the northern side? seems to me I remember a dirt road that went in to a launch. wonder if the water level is too low to do that now?

cgagex3
10-10-2006, 05:48 AM
I did see someone out a couple of weeks ago in a little 12ft boat with an electric motor and another with a 14ft canoe with electric this weekend. the levee has a chain barrier across it but you can drive up before the avalance platform and get on the levee to drive around to the north side. Not much of a ramp though, you may need to help it in a little.

GCinGV
10-10-2006, 06:09 AM
You can still launch on the north side but the road and ramp is pretty rough. You really can’t back a trailer in; pretty much hand launching only. The turnoff is at the beginning of the guardrail as you are driving down the hill from the pass.
The campsites on the north side are now posted “No Camping”.
GC