PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Amador

fishinator
10-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Ok fellow Sniffers, I am planning my first boat trip to amador, can anyone help me on what I should pack for my arsenal :o. I have a boat w/downriggers. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks! ;D.
fishinator

CraigV
10-07-2006, 07:21 PM
downriggers are not necessary as the amador trout feed on top. the test load of fish that are surviving will still be close to the ramp,dock,boathouse,spillway and dam. also they sit in the middle of all of that that and maybe be down a ways, but you still need to fish on top most likely. if you have any 2 or 3 inch powergrubs from berkely (or small curly tails) give them a shot trolling slow around the banks and cut across the middle a few times. we usually thread a treble hook into the body of the grub, a tiny split shot and a casting bobber with 3-5feet of leader. brokenbacks and small crankbaits also work. if you find some fish bunched up and active around the top, put some time in on them. they may seem a bit lost, but if you stick with them, youll likely to catch a few. also try dropping powerbait down or under the boathouse or docks. good luck.

cutbowkiller
10-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Amador trout will be on top for weeks to come. No need for downriggers. I like to troll a charteuse woolybugger fly. Always a great lure. I also troll a nightcrawler and poewrbait, it's a setup i came up with a couple of years ago. I have shown only a couple of guys this technique. I'm heading to Amadore in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait!!!
WOOOHOOOOOO

REEL'EM UP!!