PDA

View Full Version : 10/1 Lake Almanor

Kaptklutz
10-01-2006, 07:46 PM
Up at 5, on the lake at 7:30ish, forgot BOTH fishfinders due to a mountain lion messing with my mules at 3am this morning... little to no sleep makes ya forget things! *grrrrrr*

Attempted blind trolling at surface with assorted slingblades/dodgers/spoons/spinners/threaded nightcrawlers/garbage can lids and possibly even one of the dogs chew toys...I was becoming a wee bit desperate.

12:30 rolled around with nothing to brag about other than the sandwiches I had made for us the night before were rather tasty.

One last pass at the dam and I pulled in the long lines for good and we switched to casting 'things' in desperate hopes to avoid skunking the boat.

First cove past the dam across from the launch ramp produced a heartstopper as a huge brown appeared from below to look at the floating rapala that I was twitching. Repeated casts brought other 'look-at's' but no action. Truly desperate now, I trolled upwind and then gently dropped the anchor and backed downwind on the rope till I could cast to the area again...

We only had 30 minutes left of fishing time for the day...so I pulled out the nightcrawlers and a bobber (REALLY desperate now) and hooked up my 10yr olds rig and cast it to the spot, before I could get my pole rigged he whooped and yelped and was soon landing a fat 1 pound rainbow

20 minutes later, he had boated 3, all around a pound each and lost one bigger one during a thrashing leaping jump near the boat that made us both groan and grin alike.

Loaded up, headed home, BBQ'd and savored the three, told and re-told the days events to the rest of the family...but a single pic like this one says it all:
www.jckweather.com/fishin/fishsmile.jpg

...Can't wait till next weekend! :-)

FISHINFOOL
10-02-2006, 08:21 AM
Your right that pic say's it all,thats deffently what it's all about.
Gotta love them young un's :)
Paul
FISHINFOOL
Lonewolf

FoolFishin
10-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Great post KaptKlutz. Glad to hear you weren't skunked and your son was able to get some pan friers- bet they were good :) The adventure is where the fun is at and especially when the kids have a blast- memorable moments worth a million.

wcslingers
10-03-2006, 07:53 PM
I think i would have went hunting instead of fishing that morning. :D