PDA

View Full Version : Camanche Sat. 9/23 - Hot Action

waterdog
09-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Went to Camanche for fun and sun on Sat. and to do a little fishing although fishing was not the primary reason for the trip. As it turned out I should have made it the number 1 reason for going. Started trolling about 11:30am. Dropped the dr's down to 40' with 50' setback on the line. Used Sep's micro flashers with needlefish lures 18" behind the flashers with power bait roe scent. The lure color did not matter - caught them on fire tiger, silver, silver/black and other colors. Fished Hat Is. area to the dam. Trolling speed 1.2 to 1.6mph. Got my first hook up within 2 minutes of the dr reachin 40'. *All of the fish were large fat rainbow's. Smallest fish was 18", largest was 22". Kept a couple for eatin. They had some copods on them but not bad at all. When I cleaned them their stomaches were full of small little bright silver fish about 1/2" to maybe 1" at most. I would say that a silver needle fish lure would make a close imitation.
I generally don't go to Camanche just to fish but I may give it a few more trys as the weather cools and the number of skiiers and pwc's deminish.
Waterdog :)

tortuga
09-24-2006, 08:16 PM
I've never fished Camanche. What does it cost to get launched and park fee etc? I live in Sonora so its not a reel long trip , I don't think?
TortugA

kokemachine83
09-25-2006, 03:05 PM
It's around $20 bucks for two to launch and fish.

waterdog
09-25-2006, 04:02 PM
It ain't cheap there - besides a launch fee they charge a $3.50 daily fishing fee per person and they even charge $3.00 per day for my dog.
Waterdog :)