PDA

View Full Version : BP and Lower Twin

NRJohn
09-17-2006, 08:39 PM
Fished Bridgeport on Saturday. Thought it was going to be windy since the drive up was pretty bad. Took our time getting up since it was in the 20's so arrived at the resevoir around 9 ish? Made a right going out the marina and went down to the second marina and started to look around for marks since I was told that had been a hot spot before the wind (which was pretty much a no show until after noon). Nothing there so metered all the way back to where all the boats were hanging out. Didn't really meter anything there until on our way outside of the boats. Dropped anchor and started to fish.

Fishing was a steady pick. Took a while to realize that they were only hitting the inflated crawler. On top of that they were only hitting on one side of the boat. Not sure how many we caught but it was probably over 15. We kept 7 of the nicer fish. 4 year old had big fish honors with a 2.8lber. Once I handed the rod to her she did it all on her own. Fun to watch.

Today my son wanted to fish some place else. I'm a firm believer in you don't leave fish to find fish but that's what he wanted and the two girls didn't care. So off to Lower Twin we went. Did some trolling and had a short bite on the dodger/crawler combo. Bit later had one stick. Pretty small and released it. Later dropped anchor after metering a bunch of fish in shallow. 3rd rod out was bit before I could rinse my hands off. Ended up catching maybe 5 fish there including a sucker all on inflated crawlers. Released everything. Nothing like the BP fish. Off the water before 1:00. Think we started around 9:30 or so.

Met the couple that work at the BP marina. They said the fishing was really good this a.m. Kind of thought it might as system had moved through and no wind. Oh well. Still had a good time.

Troutfan did you fish today? Thought about you on my way out from Twin.

troutfan
09-18-2006, 02:09 AM
No I didn't get out today. *I ws still catching up on home stuff since being on vacation. *I couldn't agree more that the fish at the res. are far superior to those hatchery gullibles up at Twin. *Sure is pretty up there though. *I'll hopefully hit the res. next week. Thanks for the report John.

Topaz_Tom
09-18-2006, 07:13 PM
nrjohn, didn't realize that was you at lower twin, i was the guy that said nice boat. we were talking to the couple from bridgeport marina when you came in and pulled your boat out. we were out exploring with our kawasaki mule. we're going to stay at upper twin next weekend through tuesday and scouting out camp sights. luckily we only live an hour away. we'll probably hit bp while were there. thanks for the report. tom [smiley=angling.gif]

NRJohn
09-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Hey Tom I wish I lived a lot closer than I do. Would love to be able to do day trips. Love it up there. May go up next month and fish some of the lakes from shore and check out the turning leaves.